7

IT has now been four days since Daniel moved into the Why Don't We household. His belongings have made their way to him from New York. And of course since he was living in a dorm, he didn't have much.

Daniel hasn't interacted with anyone besides Jonah. He has heard their voices ringing through the house, but never seen them. Except for once. He had just left the washroom when he met with Jack in the hallway.

Daniel remained quiet. He wasn't at the stage where he could greet him yet. Jack gave him a small nod, and even tried to smile, but Daniel left before it could get awkward. So far, Jack is the least worst of them all after Jonah.

Today, it was his doctors appointment. He was nervous. Daniel had always imagined that his mother and husband would accompany him to his first baby check up. But look at him now, being taken by a pop star who was only pretending to be the father.

And worse of all, his mother didn't even know.

Now, Daniel sat in the doctor's office, Jonah beside him. His heart was pounding as he messed around with his fingers nervously. Jonah on the other hand was calm and collected. As if he'd taken many other boys to their first ultrasound before.

They hadn't said a single word to each other ever since they arrived. Daniel was too nervous to speak and Jonah didn't want to. "Daniel Seavey?" The nurse called, scanning around the room.

Daniel stoood up, Jonah following. They felt all eyes on them. After all, they were the only young gay 'couple' there. Daniel felt judged. He could almost hear their thoughts. 'He must've gotten knocked up.'

The nurse took them to a room and got Daniel set up. "Is it your first?" She smiled. "Y-Yeah." Daniel replied nervously. "Don't worry, you'll be okay." She assured as she situated Daniel in the chair.

She left them alone after that, saying that the doctor will be in soon before leaving. Daniel took deep breaths as he rested his head against the chair. Jonah noticed that he was nervous, but he didn't know how to make him feel better.

Jonah was your go-to-guy for everything. Whenever Corbyn and Christina had a fight, he was the first to jump in between and remind them of their love for each other. Whenever Zach caused another scandal, he helped him cover it up. But he's never had to take care of a pregnancy scandal before. He's never had to pretend to be anyone's baby daddy. He didn't know what he was doing.

"Good morning, I'm Dr. Reed." The thirty-something year old man said. Daniel smiled, "Daniel." He introduced. The doctor smiled back before he looked over at Jonah. "And you must be the father."

Jonah froze. It's never hit him until now. He was the father. "Yes, I am." He extended his hand out toward the man. "Jonah." The doctor shook his hand.

"So Daniel, how far along are you?" He asked while taking a seat. "Six weeks." Daniel replied. "Has everything been going well?" The doctor went on as he lifted Daniel's shirt. Daniel felt a blush creep up on his cheeks. He thought that that was the first time he'd been exposed to Jonah. Little did he know.

"Everything is been fine. I just have the normal symptoms." The young boy shrugged. "Alright, this is gonna be a little cold." The doctor warned as he spread the substance over Daniel's stomach. It was pretty much still flat, only he'd noticed a small change.

The doctor ran the probe around Daniel's belly, hoping to get a clear picture. "There it is," Dr. Reed smiled at them. Daniel's eyes widened. "That's it? The small dot?" He exclaimed. The doctor laughed. "The baby is only as big as a pea right now."

Jonah and Daniel both studied the screen closely. Of course, they didn't know much about pregnancy, but they didn't know their baby would be this tiny. "Would you like to hear the heartbeat? I might be able to detect one."

"Yes." Jonah answered. Daniel was surprised that Jonah was interested. He thought that he was only doing this to protect their reputation, not because he cared a single bit. "Here it comes." The doctor said.

Daniel's eyes began to water as soon as heard the constant beat. That was his baby. It finally became real to him. There was a human living inside him. And he was going to do everything to protect it.

Out of the corner of his eyes, he looked up at Jonah. He saw a soft look in his eyes, unlike his usual. He seemed touched by the heartbeat too, which made Daniel happy. This only further proves that Jonah wasn't taking his pregnancy as a joke.

"Okay Daniel, I'm gonna have to see you again next month around this time. So ask the front desk to book you an appointment." Daniel nodded as the doctor began to wipe the gel off him.

"Take care of yourself. And you," he looked up at Jonah. "Take care of him." Jonah nodded. "Of course." The doctor stood up. "Here, read this so you know what foods you should stay away from." He handed Daniel a pamphlet. "And call the clinic if anything happens."

Can Jonah have my children? Thanks.

-dolanschonce