39

JACK knocked on Daniel's door a few days later. "Come in," Daniel mumbled quietly. "Hey," Jack poked his head in. "Why aren't you ready yet?"

Daniel rolled over in his bed, looking at the curly headed boy with confusion. "Ready for what?" He asked with little interest.

"Are you serious Daniel? Today is your baby shower! I told you about it weeks ago!" Jack exclaimed in disbelief. "Just cancel it, I'm not in the mood."

"No, I will not cancel it. I woke up at 6 am today to decorate the house, pick up the flowers, the cake, and it took me twenty minutes to wrap Riley's present!"

Daniel frowned. "Jack, please. Its awkward as it is with Zach and Corbyn around, but now I have that weird tension with Jonah too. Leave me here."

"You've been locked in here for a week. You broke up. Big deal. I bet you you two will be back together in no time." Jack assured.

"Now, get up. Please, for me." Jack begged, pulling Daniel off the bed roughly. "Okay, okay relax! Still pregnant here!" Daniel announced.

Jack finally let go of him, allowing Daniel to sit up on his own. "Get freshened up. I told the boys we'd get started at 6." Jack concluded before exiting.

When Daniel finally came down the stairs, all eyes were on him. Much like the gender reveal, Jack had decorated their backyard. There were the usual pink balloons and a huge back drop that said 'Riley' on it.

Daniel gave Jonah a faint smile. The two hadn't had a proper conversation since the break up. Jonah came over to his ex, stopping in front of him awkwardly.

"So... how's everything?" Jonah asked. After all, keeping track of Daniel's pregnancy was still his job. "I'm fine." Daniel simply stated, earning a nod from Jonah.

"How are you?" Daniel asked back, just to be polite. The question seemed to stump Jonah. Daniel knew that it must be just as hard for Jonah as it's been for him. "I've been better."

Luckily, Jack swooped in and saved both of them. "Hey... I just need Daniel to uh— take a picture with the backdrop." Jack lied smoothly. Jonah nodded, allowing the two to slip away.

As Daniel posed in front of the pink backdrop with a fake smile, Jonah couldn't help but feel jealous. Now that he was no longer in the picture Jack was becoming Daniel's number one. And he hated that.

"Thank you for saving me." Daniel murmured to Jack. "I got you." Jack patted Daniel's back with the smile. "But how long is that gonna last? I like you two together and happy."

Daniel looked down unsurely. "I don't know if we'll ever get another chance." Daniel shook his head. "But why, Daniel? You were so perfect together. I've never seen Jonah happier."

"Really?" Daniel wondered. "Yes! I've never seen his eyes so hopeful and his smile so big. You obviously made him happy, the happiest he's ever been. You're good for each other. Stop pushing him away Daniel, I know you love him too."

"I...I'm just scared Jack. What if I act immaturely? I have a whole other human dependent on me!" He argued. "Yeah, but that little human is not just yours to take care of. It's Jonah's too. He has Riley's best interest at heart just as much as you do."

"You think so?..." Daniel wondered. "I know so." Jack assured. "Now stop going through with this mistake. Get back together." Jack added. "Okay." Daniel nodded, convinced.

Prepare yourselves 😈

-dolanschonce