011

Summary: Modern AU in which you and Ben are teenagers in love.

______

"What are you watching?" your boyfriend, Ben asked, taking a seat next to you on the couch.

You looked over at him, smiling. "It's called Star Wars. It's about these people called the Jedi that have a power called the Force, and-"

Ben yawned. "Sounds lame." He gave you a grin as you lightly elbowed him.

You cuddled up to Ben, turning your head back to the TV. After a while, Ben cleared his throat.

"Y/N, there's something I want to talk to you about," he said. You turned off the movie and positioned yourself so that you were sitting in front of him. You nodded for him to go on.

"Well, listen," he began. "I've been thinking about this for a while."

You instantly got nervous. This could go bad very quickly. "Go on, Ben."

He looked nervous himself. "Y/N...I love you more than anything on this Earth. You've taught me not only how to love someone else, but to love myself as well. You're the brightest star in my galaxy, and I grow happier every moment I spend with you." With that word, he pulled something out of his pocket - a small ring. "I know that we're only 17, and that we can't, y'know, get married, but..."

Your breath hitched. "It's a promise ring."

He nodded and grinned. "I want to promise myself to you, and you to me."

You were stunned with happiness. Ben was all you ever wanted in life, and for these words to actually be coming out of his mouth was indescribable.

"I mean, if you don't want to, that's alright..." he muttered, taking your quietness as a negative sign.

You had started to tear up. "No, Ben, I mean...this is all I've ever wanted. You are my everything. I wake up looking forward to seeing you everyday, you're the reason I keep going. So, yes, Ben, I promise myself to you."

Ben smiled and blinked away the forming tears in his eyes as you allowed him to put the ring on your finger. He leaned forward and pressed a kiss against your lips.

"I love you, Y/N," he said.

You smiled, leaning forward and wrapping him in a hug. "I love you too, Ben."