Chapter 59: Shadows

Hey everybody, it's your friendly neighborhood Author Man here!

I still have room for one more pawn, so let me know who you want.

See ya in another life Brotha!

*Third Person POV*

Atlas Military Research Facility, Undisclosed Location.

Purpose: Research Phenomenon considered "Supernatural" or "Other-Worldly"

Currently Active Studies: REDACTED

Leading Researcher: Dr.Anthony Brian

Active Commanding Officer: Gen.Ironwood

Recent Activity Report:

Discovery of supernatural materials has advanced our research greatly this month. These materials seem to be sourced around the ruined remains of Beacon Academy, supporting the recent videos that emerged. These videos are from ex-students of Beacon, and show a large, black, draconian creature attacking the organism we have classified as the "Grimm Dragon". Accompanying this creature is a red haired boy we have yet to identify, who was riding the creature. It is our hypothesis that if we can find this boy, we will be able to unlock the secrets that Gen.Ironwood and other Atlas Military Officials seek.

The old man with jet black hair typed out a few more things on his keyboard, and then sent the report to his superiors. The guy, Doctor Anthony Brian, stood up from his desk and walked towards his door, checking the clock on his way out.

"One am," He said, "Geez, it's late. I'm going to have to apologize to the wife and kids for this one."

He stepped out of his office and walked down the hall, unaware of anything in the world other than going home to his family.

Outside of his office, literally clinging to the wall outside, were two figures cloaked in all black. The only things visible were their eyes, though you could tell one was a girl and one was a guy.

The boy pointed towards the window, and the girl nodded. She lifted the window, and they slipped into the office. They landed on the linoleum floor, and the male walked over towards the computer.

He inserted a USB cable, which connected to a scroll he was carrying. He began to type a few things, and the screen turned red, reading "DATA DELETED".

"Let's go," He said, "It's been deleted."

The girl nodded, but they heard something outside. Someone was coming towards the office, quick.

They quickly jumped out the window, flattening against the wall. A security guard opened the door to the office, scanning the room with his flashlight.

"False alarm." He grumbled.

The security guard left, and the two shadowy figures dropped to the ground, heading towards the snowy forest.