~5~

Y/n's P.O.V.

Today was the day that I was going to break up with Henry. I called him yesterday, asking him to meet me in the park. I chose the park because there are lots of people. So if Henry starts getting aggressive, someone will be there to help.

I got dressed and headed downstairs. I went to the kitchen and made myself some toast. Belch was nowhere to be found. The living room was empty. Oh, scratch that, my mom was hungover on the couch. It disgusted me seeing her like this, seeing her at all. I finished my toast and put my shoes on. I hopped on my  bike and rode to the park.

I parked it near a tree. I sat on a bench, waiting for my boyfriend. After a few minutes, I spotted him walking towards me. The sight of him gave me goosebumps. He sat beside me. His breath smelled of cigarettes. He kissed my cheek. I immediately wiped his saliva off my face.

Henry: Hi, babe

Y/n: Hi, Henry

Henry: What did you want to talk about? Is everything okay?

Henry was so sweet when we were alone. But whenever one of his goons showed up, he'd start acting like an asshole again. I couldn't stand it.

Y/n: Henry, we've been dating for about 6 months.

He nodded.

Y/n: Truth is that it's been hell for me. It doesn't feel ... right. You're just so mean to everyone. You cause so much pain. I heard you carved your name in a kids stomach. What the fuck! And, honestly, it's not me, it's you. And I think we should break up.

His jaw dropped in shock.

Henry: Y-you're breaking up w-with me?

I nodded.

Henry: N-no one's ever done that before.

Y/n: Goodbye, Henry

I got up and walked away. Suddenly he screamed.

Henry: You'll regret this!

His voice was furious. Goosebumps reappeared on the surface of my skin. I picked up my pace and made a run for my bike.

I didn't want to go back to my house. I didn't want to see my hammered mom. So I went to the only other place I felt safe. I went to Bill's house.

I parked my bike in his driveway and knocked on the door. A middle-aged woman opened it.

Y/n: Hello, I'm Y/n. Is your son home?

Mrs Denbrough: Bill, my older son, is indeed home.

She called Bill's name and walked away. She seemed hurt, almost haunted.

Bill suddenly popped up.

Bill: H-Hi Y/n!

Y/n: I have good news

We walked out into the front yard.

Y/n: I broke up with Henry

Bill: I-I'm so proud. H-How d-did it g-go?

Y/n: I told him how I felt and broke up with him. I mean he was shocked and a bit mad. But it went well.

Bill: W-well that's g-great! Y-you want t-to join us f-for lunch?

Y/n: Sure. Thanks.

Mrs Denbrough set up an extra seat. And cooked some pasta. The four of us talked and joked about random things such as school, the news, the weather etc. It went pretty well. It seemed like they enjoyed having a fourth person in their house. After lunch, I decided to go home.

Mrs Denbrough: It was lovely having you, Y/n

Mr Denbrough: Indeed, come back whenever you want.

Y/n: Thank you for inviting me. Bye, Bill.

I drove off, content