~8~

Bill's P.O.V.

The next day, I woke up to butterflies in my stomach. The first thought who rushed through my head was her. Her glistening eyes, her pink cheeks. I got dressed and sat on my desk. I pulled out a sheet of paper and started writing. I was too shy to tell her that I liked her, so I decided to write her a love poem.

After half an hour of failed attempts, I went to Ben's house. I hopped on my bike and rode across town. I parked my bike near the door and knocked.
A woman in her late 40s answered the door.

Bill: Is B-Ben here?

Mrs Hanscom: He's upstairs

She let me pass and I ran up the stairs.
I knocked twice and entered the nerdy room. Ben was sitting on his bed,istening to music.

Bill: Hey, Ben

Ben: Bill? What are you doing here?

Bill: C-can you help m-me with some-something?

Ben: Yeah sure

He turned the music down and sat on his desk. He motioned for me to sit on his spare chair.

Bill: I'm wr-writing a love poem

Ben: Oh, about who?

Bill: I'd rather n-not say

Ben: Ok, then tell me about her.

Bill: Her eyes glisten when she talks. Her hair waves against the wind. When she's a room, I only see her. Everyone one else is blurry. I mean we're so different yet so similar. She's caring yet a badass. She's... Bitter sweet. Since I've met her, all those cheesy love songs have started making sense.

Ben smirked and scoffed.

Bill: W-what?

Ben: You didn't stutter once. You must really like her.

My eyes widened at the realization.
He started scribbling on a piece of paper. I examined his room. Let's time I had been here, we were fighting Pennywise. The room had changed. The new articles had been replaced by more posters.

Ben: ok, how about this?
I heard no music,
Until the music was you,
Now, all love songs are true.

Bill: It's p-perfect

Ben: I'm gonna take a wild guess and assume that you're talking about Y/n.

I blushed and stared at my shoes.

Ben: Don't worry, I won't tell anyone.

Bill: Th-thank Ben, for everything.

I took the poem and walked towards the door. Before leaving, I told him one more thing.

Bill: You kn-know, you should t-tell Beverly how you feel. I-I bet she feels th-the same way.

He blushed as I left.