13. the heartbreaker's apartment

Kaden told me to wait for him after school about a million times today but where the hell is he now? He told me he wanted to ask me something important but I guess it's not important anymore since he's not here.

I'll walk around the school and see if I can find him if not, I'm going home. With that thought, I walk back to the school's hallway and wander around.

After a few minutes of walking, I turn around the corner and immediately turn back around, hiding behind the wall. I slowly peek out a little bit to make sure my eyes weren't playing tricks on me.

In the middle of the empty hallway, I watch as Kaden walk out of a classroom, his white shirt wrinkly and out of place and his hair ruffled up. That didn't bother me though.

What bothered me was the girl that walked out after him. Her hair is messy and tangled. Her blouse is half unbuttoned and her lipstick is smeared all over her mouth.

Just one look at them and you could definitely tell that they did more than just talk to each other.

I almost forgot who he really is.

With anger boiling in my blood, I walk away and run out of the school.

I should've known. I should've expected this from him. I've seen him do this to other girls a million times and yet I didn't learn. These past couple of days, I was so swept up by him that I had completely forgotten who he really is.

My hand form a tight fist as I speed walk into the streets, wanting to get as far away from him as possible.

But I guess it's my fault too. I'm only his pretend girlfriend - nothing more, nothing less. We were never real to begin with so I have no right to get angry at him. He never said he couldn't be with other girls.

"Hey, Casey," his voice interrupts my train of thoughts. I stop in my track to take a deep breath and calm myself down before turning to the source of the voice and notice Kaden in his car on the street beside me.

"Get in," he order.

I'm only his paid pretend girlfriend, my mind keeps repeating. Our only relationship is boss and worker. I have to keep doing this for my own sake, just until I'm free.

I send him a quick fake smile and get in his car.

"I told you to wait for me. Why didn't you?" He asks while I put the seat belt on. I tense up at his question. My hand instinctively form a tight fist in anger.

I wait a few seconds to gain my composure before answering, "I forgot. Sorry."

I can feel his stare beside me but I continue to look ahead on the road. He finally turns away and drive.

"Anyway, I wanted to ask if you can move in with me," he said nonchalantly, focusing on the road.

I quickly turn to him for the first time since I've gotten into his car to make sure I was hearing this right.

I scoff, still surprised at his sudden request. "You what?"

He send me a quick glance before turning back to the road. "My mom doesn't think our relationship is serious. I want to prove her wrong. If you move in with me, it'll piss her off even more. And plus, I can take you to school and we can go home together."

Home. I ignore the weird warm feeling that the word is making me feel.

That's all I am to him; a girl he hangs around to piss off his mom.