16. the heartbreaker and the morning after

This pounding in my head is probably the worst feeling in the world ever.

I reluctantly get up, half asleep, and walk out of my room and down the stairs to the kitchen for a cup of water. Why am I so thirsty?

I grab a cup from the counter and pour water on it, chugging it all. Flashes of me chugging on a bottle of alcohol comes to mind. What the hell happened last night?

I set the cup down and was about to make my way back upstairs to my room when I hear the door opening and closing.

Where did Kaden go and why is he coming back just now?

Curious, I walk towards the door.

I immediately freeze in my spot and my sleepy eyes widen in shock at the person standing a few feet in front of me.

The expression on her face somewhat resemble mine as soon as she sees me.

Oh crap.

I stand still, unable to move. My eyes travel back and forth between her and the two other woman beside her.

She brought guests.

Lovely. Just my luck.

I am now wide awake as realization hits me: I am in so much trouble.

She and her guests looks me up and down with a disgusted look as if they just tasted the bitterest tea ever. Do I really look that bad?

Confused, I look down only to notice that I'm wearing nothing but an oversized black t-shirt that barely covers my below the waist lady parts.

"Mom!" Kaden's shock voice echoes throughout the apartment.

I turn to him and watch as he's rushing down the stairs towards us.

He looks at me up and down, trying to hide his amused expression.

I glare at him and sent him a 'thank god, save me please' look. He stands beside me and I turn back to face his mother.

She walks closer to us. "You have some explaining to do, Kaden," Mrs. Pierce said through clenched teeth.

She suddenly turn to me and I try to avoid her judging gaze by looking down. "You. Don't you have any self-respect? Get out of my sight."

Gladly.

I turn away and walk up the stairs and back to my room without a look back. As soon as I'm in my room, I close the door and let out a breathe of relief.

"Oh my god," I mutter to myself. This is bad.

I walk over to my bathroom and stare at my reflection in the mirror. My hair is all over the place and I have never look better.

I take off my clothes and get in the shower.

After taking a refreshing warm shower, I get out and put on my own clothes.

How did I end up in Kaden's shirt?

Nothing is coming back to me from last night other than the horrifying image of Kaden's tongue down the girl's throat. An image I would very much like to forget.

I shake the image from my head and quietly get out of my room to see if his mother is still here. I don't hear anything at all - no yelling, no talking. That's a good sign right? That must mean she's gone.

Feeling reassured that she's gone, I walk down the stairs and into the kitchen where Kaden is enjoying a bowl of cereal by himself.

As soon as he saw me, he burst out laughing, almost choking on his cereal.

"Shut up," I tell him as I make my way to his side in embarrassment.

He calm himself down. "Did you see my mom's face? It was priceless. I wish I took a picture of it."

I flash him a fake smile. "I'm glad my misery is entertaining to you." I quickly snatch the spoon from his hand and grab his bowl of cereal to me. I put a spoonful of cereal to my mouth.

"Hey!" He whine.

"At least let me eat this. You're the reason why I got drunk and your mom saw me like that," I reason with him, with a mouthful of cereal.

He roll his eyes. "It's not my fault you got drunk and threw up all over yourself." I don't say anything and continue eating his cereal.

"What time is it?" I asks.

He looks at his phone, "8:40".

My eyes widen at the realization. "Oh shoot! I have work in 20 minutes." I quickly finish the cereal and run upstairs to get ready.

I quickly put on an outfit, comb my hair, and head downstairs.

"I'll drop you off." Kaden is already at the door with his keys in hand. I don't argue and we both head out.

 I don't argue and we both head out