CHAPTER EIGHT ━ HOLY SHIT THEY'RE HERE

(𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖊𝖎𝖌𝖍𝖙.) 𝖍𝖔𝖑𝖞 𝖘𝖍𝖎𝖙 𝖙𝖍𝖊𝖞'𝖗𝖊 𝖍𝖊𝖗𝖊

) 𝖍𝖔𝖑𝖞 𝖘𝖍𝖎𝖙 𝖙𝖍𝖊𝖞'𝖗𝖊 𝖍𝖊𝖗𝖊

!

"Alright boys," Reina started, standing in front of the band while her hands were on her hips. The boys looked at her with smiles on their faces. "Nail it, even though you do it so well every time you perform. Be confident. Number one rule. Be yourself, though."

"Reina we literally listen to this every time we perform," Roger said. "Literally."

"Oh shut up," Reina rolled her eyes at him before she paced in front of them. Deaky was nodding along what the girl was saying, feeling inspired by what she said (even though he's heard it multiple times). Brian was mumbling under his breath repeatedly "be confident" as he played with the strap of his guitar. "Play with greatness. Move like you own that stage. Strut, walk, jog with greatness. Now go out there and make me proud."

"We'll never disappoint you, Queenie," Freddie nodded, smiling at the girl who smiled at them back. They walked towards the stage, the people yelling out Smile.

"When are we changing the band name?" Deaky questioned. "I'm just wondering by the way."

"We should name is after Reina," Roger suggested. The boys looked at him. "I'm just saying. Let's think about this. She's been helping us and all that she's been advising us to do works. She's not even a musician! Can't you believe that?"

"What do you mean she isn't?" Freddie questioned, going up the stairs of the stage. "She is a musician. Her ancestors were musicians and her great-grandparents and grandparents were jazz musicians. Her father was Omarr Jane, famous jazz musician, and rock singer. Retired in the late 50s. No one has ever heard from him again."

"No way," Roger gaped at him. "Omarr Jane is her father? She's never told me."

"She doesn't want anyone to know."

Roger was left thinking, sitting on the chair that was behind his drum kit. He looked at where Reina stood, sending him a thumbs up. He smiled a little, looking down at his hands as they grabbed the drumsticks and was twirling them in his hands.

Reina watched the boys as Mary immediately jogged towards her as fast as she could. She bumped into people while others greeted Reina and were hugging her, knowing the girl well now that she had changed from her cold demeanor to a sarcastic, nice woman and she was constantly talking to anyone. Half of the people there were friends that she had met at the café or as Roger and Freddie called them, the hippies.

"Rei," Mary gasped out, fixing her dark hair. "An—Andrew's here!"

"Oh no," Reina let out as did her friends that were looking at the girl with concerned looks. The curly-haired girl nodded. "Okay, just him come. I mean he's only gonna be here it will only be the worst if Jack—"

"He's also here with Roger's ex-girlfriend," Mary rushed out. Reina let out an "oh" as she heard that.

"Don't let Roger see them," Reina immediately instructed. "He's not gonna handle this too well, especially if they just show up together out of nowhere after 3 weeks of catching them together."

"What are you gonna do?" Mary asked in a loud as soon as Smile started performing. Reina turned around to stare at Mary after she was walking away.

"Do the thing that I'm good at," Mary furrowed her eyebrows in confusion. Reina continued, "avoiding people."

Mary watched her friend excuse herself, moving swiftly past people to the side of the stage where Roger stared at her.

'What are you doing?' He mouthed to her.

"Nothing," she fake smiled before she turned away and looked around to find her ex-boyfriend and Roger's ex-girlfriend. Roger let out a small "okay" as he did his drum solo. Reina sighed, rubbing her forehead. "Holy shit they're here."

Reina was biting her nails throughout the whole performance of the band, not coming face to face with Andrew or Jackie. She really didn't want to see the man she loved with the girl he cheated on her. The thoughts that sometimes coursed through her head on days where her mood was low came back again. She thought about why he cheated on her? Did she do something that made him do so? Was she not worth being with? Was she not giving the relationship enough effort? Why did he do it?

"Hey," she felt a hand being placed on her shoulder and she felt herself jump when the action caught her by surprise. "Woah, babes calm down." Reina felt Roger place an arm around her shoulder, bringing her closer to his side as he and the boys walked towards a table that was big enough for all of them to fit. Roger leaned down. "What's wrong? And don't you say nothing because you're really bad at lying."

"Fine," Reina said, sitting down next to Roger as the boys talked amongst themselves while Freddie was talking to Mary. "Andrew and Jackie are here."

There was a moment of silence. Roger groaned. "I swear if they ruin anything, I'm having your whole hippie group kick them out."

"They already ruined the whole night," Reina rested her chin on her the palm of her hand as she propped up her elbow on the table. "Just by being here, they ruined it."

"Not to freak you guys out or anything," they both turned to look at Brian who was looking ahead. "But Jackie is coming over here with a man."

"Why do they have the nerve to come here?" Reina whisper yelled to Roger who wrapped his arm tighter around Reina's shoulder.

"They think they really hurt us," Roger scoffed. "We gotta prove them wrong, darling."

"I'm in."

But before they could do anything, three people appeared, standing in front of Jackie and Andrew and stopping them from heading towards Roger and Reina.

"I'm not fucking ready, Roger."

"Me, neither."

"Please make me disappear."

"I wish I could make us both disappear."