CHAPTER EIGHTEEN ━ DAD AND DAUGHTER TALK

(𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖊𝖎𝖌𝖍𝖙𝖊𝖊𝖓.) 𝖉𝖆𝖉 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖉𝖆𝖚𝖌𝖍𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖙𝖆𝖑𝖐

) 𝖉𝖆𝖉 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖉𝖆𝖚𝖌𝖍𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖙𝖆𝖑𝖐

!

"How do I look?"

The Janes turned to look at their father from their gaze on their floor. They were all silently discussing their father's date and they were all too guilty to tell their father their thoughts. They nodded at their dad's outfit, his usual black attire. He was wearing a black shirt, black pants, a black jacket, and black boots. Rain and Reina shook their heads as their brothers nodded.

"You're not going like that," Reina looked at him up and down. "You look like a fucking killer, Dad."

"No, I don't," Omarr scoffed, the boys immediately disagreeing with their younger sister.

"Dad you look ready to swoon those girls," Ryver commented, winking at his dad. Rene and Robin nodded, both of them letting out "that's right."

"I do look good don't I?" Omarr smirked cheekily, fixing his jacket. He looked at his daughters, both of them watching with unimpressed expressions. "Come on."

"Dad I love the black. I do," Reina stepped in, "but the black is too much. You're going on a date. Not a rock-n-roll concert."

"You're not going to a funeral," Rain signed, standing next to her sister. "You always told us that the one rule in the Jane family is to dress to impress. Not to look like you're ready to kill someone."

"She's right dad," Reina nodded. "You wanna impress this girl-"

"Woman."

"She looks like she's 5, calm down," Reina rolled her eyes, continuing after she watched her dad roll his eyes as well. "Anyway, if you wanna impress her, change."

Their dad made a thinking face, looking in between his two girls that were staring at him. He looked at the brothers, all of them shaking their heads.

"Don't do it, man," Robin shook his head.

"Don't fall for their beautiful eyes," Ryver shook his head as well, scrunching his face.

"He's gonna give in, guys," Rene said last, watching the situation with such amusement.

As soon as Rene's words were heard by everyone, Omarr sighed, nodding his head at his two daughters. Rain and Reina grabbed his arm, leading him towards his room.

"He fell for it."

"Not surprised."

Omarr glared at his sons, sighing as soon as he entered his bedroom, finding Reina rummaging through his closet, the girl puffing out breath when she saw multiple black and gray clothes and no colored ones. The only thing she noticed, though, was the white v-neck on the very end.

She took it out, giving it to her dad, who stared at it with a look. He stared at Reina, noticing the way she shook her head at the clothes. He arched an eyebrow up.

"Reina, don't act like your closet isn't full of black clothes," Omarr said, chuckling at his daughter as she shushed him. He smiled at Rain who was smiling at the moment despite not being able to hear. "Your sister's crazy."

Rain nodded, grinning, grabbing a red blazer from her place in the closet and giving it to Reina.

"Here we go," Reina said, taking out a pair of dark blue denim skinny jeans. She high fived Rain before turning to look at her father. "That blazer, it doesn't have buttons so leave it open, expose what you have Dad... Ew. Nevermind. Wear a belt also. Show your rockstar Dad. You are one."

"Alright."

Her dad went to his bathroom.

He spoke up after a few moments of silence and Reina had to sign so Rain would know what he was saying.

"Hey, Rei!" He started. "That drummer? Is he a womanizer like everybody says he is?"

"Well, I mean, he's not like that bad," Reina said, loud enough for him to hear. "Why?"

"Just making sure," her dad answered, making sure to answer in the same tone as she did. "You know I don't like to immediately fall for the rumors people spread."

Although he was a womanizer himself in the late 50s, Omarr Jane didn't like how women just through themselves at men and begged for their sin to be taken away. He didn't like how men immediately responded. It was something that he then realized was a mistake that he did when he was famous. It was as if something made him realize that sleeping with women, throwing them away the next day, and then forgetting about them, was something that he couldn't believe he did. He respected the women in his life.

"I know dad," Reina sighed, "but he's a really nice guy. He's funny when he wants to be and I like that about him. He's funny without trying. He's honest, and although he jumps from women to women—" Reina stopped herself, shaking her head. "Are you almost finished?" She yelled.

"Yup," Omarr opened the door, Rain and Reina nodded at his outfit. "I look amazing."

The girls smiled as her dad grabbed his sunglasses, following after him as he headed towards the living room.

"How do I look now?" The brothers grinned at him, nodding their heads. Omarr grinned as excitedly. "Alright I'm going to leave. I'll be back before 12 am, alright?"

"Alright, Dad," followed after.

Omarr turned to look at his two daughters, hugging them. He kissed their foreheads. "Thank you my angels."

They watched him leave and the Janes looked at each other, nodding their heads.

"I'm going to call Freddie."

"Tell them to bring something to eat on their way here, please!" Robin yelled after Reina as she left to go to the kitchen and call the band. "Tell them I'll pay them when they come here."

"Alright."

"And tell Roger to bring some protection of some sort!" Ryver yelled after. "You know, just in case he stays in your room again!"

"Fuck off!"