CHAPTER THIRTEEN ━ FLOWERS FOR REINA

(𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖙𝖍𝖎𝖗𝖙𝖊𝖊𝖓.) 𝖋𝖑𝖔𝖜𝖊𝖗𝖘 𝖋𝖔𝖗 𝖗𝖊𝖎𝖓𝖆

) 𝖋𝖑𝖔𝖜𝖊𝖗𝖘 𝖋𝖔𝖗 𝖗𝖊𝖎𝖓𝖆

!

It was 12 am and Reina's family was enjoying Smile's company. Reina would sign with her sister, both of them catching up and telling each other what happened in their lives recently. After Reina had told Rain about what happened with Andrew, Rain was signing bad words and saying bad stuff about Andrew that Reina found amusing.

"What was the song dedicated to Reina?" Brian questioned after he thought about the fact that Omarr never mentioned the song.

"Flowers for Rei," Reina's dad answered, smirking at the man. Brian stared at him with a shocked face. He couldn't believe it. He always thought it was about the woman that he had married. No one knew who Omarr Jane married to and no one knew her name. So, when they all heard that song, they all thought they had a clue of what her name was.

"We used to sing that song for Rei when she couldn't sleep," her dad continued, looking at her daughter who was nodding with interest at what her older sister was signing. "It was something simple that I wrote for her and she came to love that song. So, I started singing it more and it became a song everyone loved. If only they knew that song was for my daughter."

"Can you play it?" Roger questioned. Omarr looked a little hesitant at first.

"I haven't played for 19 years boys," Omarr sighed. "And I don't have my guitar—"

"Here," Brian passed him his acoustic guitar that was placed next to him and this caught the attention of the brothers. They watched as their dad got the guitar gently as if holding it for the first time. It felt surreal to have the instrument that you loved the most in your hands after 19 years.

Omarr gulped, strumming the guitar before he felt his fingers strumming the guitar slowly. They watched as his fingers moved swiftly down and up, testing it. He started playing the familiar tune of the song and Rain immediately watched her father with interest when she saw him with the instrument he swore to never touch again.

"Flowers for Reina. Love is for Reina. Angels and rainbows, all kinds of things you can call your own," he sang and Reina turned around immediately, recognizing that song. She felt Rain grab her hand as she heard the song that she hadn't heard for 16 years. Roger stared at her. "Gardens for Reina and oceans for Reina. Jungle gym playgrounds. All kinds of things for you to explore."

She watched in ecstasy as she watched her dad close his eyes and she felt Roger grab her other hand as soon as he saw her eyes covered with tears. Her dad looked so peaceful, feeling the music go through him. She loved the way her father sang. She loved the way there was a glow from her father. She loved how he looked happy.

"God is for Reina," she snapped out of her thoughts and she watched as everyone in her apartment stared at her father. "And heaven's for Reina. Oh can you believe that everything is waiting to unfold? You can call your own."

She felt tears about to fall from her eyes and she immediately blinked them away, smiling when her dad trailed off and finished. He smiled at her softly before his eyes trailed towards the clock nearby.

"Oh crap it's late," he said, standing up and handing Brian his guitar. Brian was still in shock, trying to process what had happened. Each sibling stood up except Rain, and stood behind their dad. "But, don't worry, sweetheart. We won't be far soon."

"What'd you do?"

"We live a couple doors away," Omarr answered. "Rene is staying with his wife at the other apartment above and Ryver is staying with his girlfriend downstairs. We're moving in."

Reina broke in a smile. "You guys are gonna be close now."

They all nodded.

"We'll come tomorrow," Robin said, opening the door. "And go to sleep. All of you. I'm serious about this."

They all nodded.

Omarr turned to face the band. "It was nice to meet you all." He shook each of their hands before he came upon Roger. He gripped his hand, not too tight. "Roger, it was nice to meet you. Happy to know that my daughter can rely on you. Thank you."

"You're welcome sir."

"Thank you again."

!

AUTHOR'S NOTE

this is so short im sorry! just
really tired & stressed due
to fact that i have present-
ations and girl lacrosse tryouts
are coming soon and i'm just
so nervous.

but hope you enjoy
this shitty chapter :)