CHAPTER THIRTY ━ KISSES ON YOUR HAND MY DEAR

(𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖙𝖍𝖎𝖗𝖙𝖞.) 𝖐𝖎𝖘𝖘𝖊𝖘 𝖔𝖓 𝖞𝖔𝖚𝖗 𝖍𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖒𝖞 𝖉𝖊𝖆𝖗

) 𝖐𝖎𝖘𝖘𝖊𝖘 𝖔𝖓 𝖞𝖔𝖚𝖗 𝖍𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖒𝖞 𝖉𝖊𝖆𝖗

!

Roger didn't dare let go of Reina's hand. They were both staring at Ray Foster, both of them looking at him with a bored face.

"Look," the man started, "we just really need something special. More hits... Like Killer Queen." Reina stared at Freddie as he rummaged through a black bag right next to his legs, taking out a record and heading towards the record player. "Only bigger."

Tightening his grip on Reina's hand and hearing Omarr's exasperated sigh, Roger spoke up, "It's not bloody widgets we're making." Reina ran her thumb over the top of his thumb, hoping to soothe him. "We can't just reproduce Killer Queen."

Now coming to terms that he was holding Reina's hand, Roger lessened his grip, kissing her hand without knowing that he did until he felt his own lip touching her skin and his nose inhaling her scent. His cheeks burned but there was a smirk on his face when he did so. Reina gulped when she saw his lips kiss her hand and came to find Deaky staring at her with an amused smirk. She cleared her throat softly, glancing down at her shoes and turning to look up to find the man whispering to Brian, most likely telling him what he saw. Reina saw Brian smirk at her before he, too, turned to look at Rain and signed to her what happened between the two. Rain nodded, looking over at her younger sister and smirking at her. Reina shook her head, paying attention to Freddie.

"No," she heart Freddie say, watching him position the tonearm of the record player above the beginning of the record. "We can do better."

Reina scoffed, shaking her head with a small smile on her lips. She and the boys glanced at each other when they heard the opera music playing, not expecting any less from Freddie.

Ray looked annoyed at the sound and Freddie walked behind him while taking a drag of his cigarette.

"It's opera," Ray said with a tone. Reina felt the end of lips tilting up, looking at the man with an amused face that anyone could notice.

"Opera!"

"Opera!"

Deaky nodded. "There seems to be an echo in here."

Reina looked at Freddie as he waved his hand around to the music, smiling when he saw her shake her head. Freddie also saw the other Janes from behind Reina watching him as they tried to cover their laughter by clearing their throats and coughing. Although, for a second, he couldn't help but look at the way the sun illuminated Robin's face.