Bye... for now

Her heart pounded nonstop, it was as if her blood was running a marathon inside her! A moment of pause occurred between the two, mostly from Sahara who was reluctant to believe that Dan was right in front of her. She refused that only a few steps would lead to her being able to reach and curl up within his arms for security. It was something impossible, no, her mind was playing tricks on her. Yes. Dan is at headquarters, pestering Johnson, quarreling with Conrad.

Her whole body shuddered, why? Why, out of everyone, why him? She could feel a sting rushing inside of her, was it guilt? Or was it anger? Hatred towards herself. She fully knows the reason why, but she couldn't bear the fact that - is she being saved? Have they come, finally, to her rescue.

As Sahara sat blankly, pondering on those questions, Dan approached her. It wasn't one of those slow and friendly greetings, no. He rushed towards her, like a child yearning for his mother's embrace.

The woman was disturbed from her thoughts. No, here he was, hugging her tightly, she could feel him shaking. Some tears threatened to come out. This is real. He was real. All this time she thought no one would come to rescue her, but here, the man now cupping her face wore a relieved yet sad eyes.

"I found you," he said with his usual teasing voice.

At that point Sahara gave in, her body managing to relax from the stress caused by the time she'd spent with the Yautjas. Being with Dan, snapped her back to reality, to where she should be. With humans, people... with him.

_____

Zen'nogre watched from the entrance. His hidden eyes wholly observed the two. It was something different, very different from his own species, to show such care. His sire, nor his bearer never showed him such affection ever since he progressed into a warrior.

He was so deep in his thoughts that he never felt the smooth hands caressing his thick skin. It was only when he looked back at the two that he realized Sahara and the male ooman was standing in front of him.

Stepping back a little and moaning a small click due to surprise. Zen'nogre heard Sahara mutter something, and without the translator, he was unable to understand.

The young male switched his attention to the man beside her. He hesitated at first but he was amazed by the fact that he made it this far without being killed by one of the pack. He twitched his mandibles as well as tipping his head as a means of respect. It was something he was ashamed of but the ooman earned it.

____

Sahara a slight smile as she watched the Yautja acknowledge Dan, who was glancing from time to time at the woman unsure of the whole situation. Sahara raised a hand and reached out for Zen'nogre's helm. The young male jolted at the sudden touch, which Sahara found amusing. To her, he may look intimidating and powerful, but the way he acts closely resembles that of a child.

"Thank you..." Sahara spoke in the silence.

Dan watched curiously from the side.

"Thank you... for what you've done. For helping me recover."

Sahara moved a little closer to the young male. Both her hands grabbed the sides of Zen'nogre's helmet, pulling it towards herself, feeling a little bit of force from him. She smiled softly.

"This is the only thing I can give as thanks..." She said quietly before reaching her face towards his and left a little peck on the shiny surface of the visor.

Dan staggered back a bit, what was that all about?

_____

Zen'nogre stood, every part of his body was tense. He had no clue what she just did, but he felt something very strange and unexpected. He felt... shaky, tingling sensation all over his body like he was on fire as well. All of this... he was feeling... towards this weak creature. He took a silent, deep breath which was masked by his helm. He slowly lifted up his arms that were slumped by his side.

A small beep chimed on the screen of his visor. He clicked, turned back his attention to Sahara and the man, and suddenly pulled the pair out of the room.

_____

"What?!-" Sahara and Dan nearly tripped over from the unexpected action.

The large male emitted low growls, like warning growl an animal would make. He wanted them to leave, and judging by his hostility, he wanted them gone right now.

"Sahara! Let's leave. NOW!" Dan pulled Sahara and encouraged her to run.

The woman looked back and spotted Zen'nogre standing still in the middle of the corridor, his shoulders slumped and his shining visor pointing towards their direction as they ran.

"Dan! S-sir!" Dan's walkie.

"Conor! You bastard, where the hell are you?!" Dan shouted through the device.

"Ha! Sorry, I got a little carried away," the man on the other side laughed. "Did you find Sahara?" He asked.

"Yeah! We're leaving the ship! Where are you now-"

"Good," Conor said.

"Hey... do me a favor and promise me that you two make it out alive..." Conor, his voice a little raspy.

Dan knew something was up, "Oi! We're leaving here! The four-"

Conor cut off Dan, "Gil... they got him..." Conor paused. "I sprained my leg from running too much, Dan... I don't think I can make it..."

"No! We're leaving, we're getting out of here alive!" Dan protested, gripping the walkie harder.

"They've found me... quickly. Go while I still have their attention... I can't make it, sorry. Sir..."

Dan was met with the sinister static after Conor's voice had disappeared. The pair had just made it further into the forest and stopped to catch a breather. The loud cry of a man, of Conor, pierced the well-lit sky, and both Sahara and Dan fell into silence to mourn for the brave man.