Deal part 2

"Johnson what the -" Sahara's mouth gaped open.

"I see, judging by the way you look Sahara, you've seen them?" Johnson mocked.

"You bastard! You knew that's why you sent us out there! It's to eliminate us, what you consider pests!" Sahara lashed out. "You were worried that if we found out, we'd report you to the higher ups!"

"You've got it all wrong, Sahara. I'm not worried, not at all. I just needed you guys as... how should I say? Bait." Johnson grinned.

"And for that you... you killed them! You killed my team! My friends! Just for your sick experiments?!" Sahara growled, "trust me, Johnson. When they come, you won't be making that same face. HQ will know what you're doing here!" Sahara thumped heavily on the metal floor towards the exit.

"By the way, Sahara. I wanted you and Malory to be part of this project. But as you have witnessed, Malory is-"

She pounced towards Johnson. The very mention of what happened there and what it was all about made Sahara's blood boil. Her speed was like lightning, but she was stopped by a piercing shot that shocked her body. Blood trickled slowly from the small wound on her left shoulder which made her fumble to the ground, her body barely feeling the pain from the flesh due to her shock. Her body trembled, as she tried to lift her body up. She could feel her temperature go colder and colder as she watched Johnson continue to talk.

"You know, even if you told the higher-ups, they won't care. Y' see, it was actually them who wanted this. They wanted to weaponize these... ugly savages, ain't I right, Dan?"

_____

"That's it?" Dia'vios crouched down next to his brethren's eyes glued onto the sturdy structures.

"There's plenty of them," De'miur'gios stated, nodding towards gates.

Guards packed at the front and other directions. Their weapons ready. Behind them, the gate to the buildings, large buildings. The largest of them all stood in the middle. The predators scanned the area once more. Heat, lots of heat signatures walked in the same direction.

"Do they know we're here?" Dartouga asked the large beast.

"Most likely." De'miur'gios answered.

Another predator snapped, Gra'vios, "don't tell me that female betrayed us!"

"She was never on our side in the first place..." Zen'nogre deeply, and slowly chattered.

Agnak-tör gave him a killer glare, "who's error was it in the first place?!" He sarcastically growled, still angry about what had happened.

The younger male said nothing back, he was quiet, in fact ever since she left he's been quiet. The loss of a companion, or maybe even a friend had impacted him greatly. But he looked down at himself, his brother was more affected by his actions, after all, Agnak-tör seems to have taken a liking to that female.

"Do you want us exposed, you scoundrel!" Dartouga hissed.

The creatures blended in with the boulders just a few meters to the well-barricaded human land. When the right time comes, they would attack, just like how they would hunt down large prey, they will have to aim for the weakest spots. The sides where there were fewer guards. Once the sun dims, they will have to act quick, slaughter all of those who get in their way and navigate their way to where their captured members are. This will become a bountiful hunt.

For now, they quietly waited in patience, one often scanning the large area for any changes in formation.

_____

"So. How does it feel?" Johnson mockingly looked down at Sahara.

Although the injury was small, it spilled blood faster than a coffee machine. The shot probably severed an artery. But what shocked her more was Dan who now ambled his way in front of her beside Johnson. She looked up, anger fueled her eyes.

"Dan. You're... you're a traitor... traitor to mankind..." Sahara struggled to say.

"No, Sahara, you're the traitor. This is simply creating a weapon that would prove helpful in the advancement of humanity. Don't you understand!" Dan knelt down and placed both his hands on her shoulders.

"And for that... you shot... me?!" Sahara could feel a headache rushing in.

Dan bit his lip as if he were trying to stop himself from saying anything.

"Dan, get her out of here, she's messing up the floor," Johnson ordered.

Dan nodded, quickly lifting Sahara up by her right arm, the good arm, and dragging her out of the room quickly. Once they were out and a few distances away from the lab, Dan quickly examined Sahara's bleeding shoulder.

"I'm sorry..." Dan looked down at the floor in guilt.

Sahara relaxed her strained brows and looked at the man in front of her, confused.

"What the hell?! Did you do it on purpose?!" Sahara asked. Furious.

"I'll explain everything to you later. For now, let's head to the med bay-"

Sahara pushed him away, hissing afterward due to the extreme pain, similar to her previous rib injury.

"I... I don't need..." Sahara stumbled forward, but before she could land hard on the ground, Dan caught her.

"We need to take you to the med bay now whether you want my help or not!" Dan growled, draping her arm over his shoulder to assist her.