Hard choice

Johnson retreated, calling the rest of his men back to base. There were still heavily barricaded locations in HQ. He ran stealthily behind the screams of his men, stopping only when he spotted the burnt door at the front. He signaled a few men to scout before he entered himself with Hudson following behind.

"Fuck! Fuck!" Johnson punched the metal walls as he tried to calm himself down.

"They... they were able to get through?" Hudson asked although it sounded more like a statement.

The men stayed near the entrance, hoping that some had survived the attack. It was quiet all of a sudden, the rattle of a gun, the blasts, sharp knives cutting through flesh. None at all. However, Johnson was sure that they were still around, waiting for them to come out of the building, staying silent and hidden. He was smart though, and left in a hurry, away from the battleground.

_____

Zen'nogre retrieved his own spear from a man's throat before releasing a victorious shout. The rest of his fellow hunters did the same as they started to stack up their own trophies. Zen'nogre paid no attention to the treasure trove beneath him and started to scan the dead bodies.

He knew exactly who he was looking for, and with every pile of corpses, he threw to the side, his anxiety increased as he searched the weaponless humans who were unfortunately involved in the struggle. Feeling, scanning, his heart started to go wild as he thought more and more about her. What if she was caught up in the fight and... died?

Zen'nogre shook off the thought. For the few days she stayed with them, he found out what made her stood out from others. Her curiosity was admirable, and even though they were monsters, she still engaged in conversations and even dined with them. She was brave, Zen'nogre looked back at some of the females on his planet, somehow she was so similar to them.

Without any luck, he couldn't find a single trace of her, which was good news for him. However, he couldn't erase the fact that she might be in danger. He didn't notice but he was all along releasing a deep and ominous sound which attracted a few hunters, most importantly, Dia'vios who sat with his prizes and carefully skinned and polished his new trophies.

"Zen'nogre." Dia'vios started his focus was still on his trophies.

The stern call caught the younger predator's attention immediately. "Collect your trophies, before our patriarch sends the signal. We leave after that."

Zen'nogre was disappointed, but he nodded silently as a response but before he went back to check up on the corpses again, he snapped his head back to his older kin and questioned:

"What of the oomans left here, do we just leave them?" He asked curiously.

Dia'vios knew exactly where he was going with this and gave a rattling response, "if you plan on taking along that woman with us, you must be losing your head. Our species cannot coexist, as you can see..." Dia'vios said while holding up the nearly groomed skull.

"...and forget about breeding. Even if you just lust for pleasure that small body of her's won't withstand the pressure - you'll kill her - not only that, but you won't gain anything from such intimacy. She'd just be a trophy without any purpose - won't give you any honor at all," Dia'vios continued, laying out everything he thought his brother was thinking.

Zen'nogre clicked silently, cursing his brother under his breath for saying such things... but Dia'vios was right. He'd end up disappointed and potentially kill her in the future.

_____

The fight was short but enjoyable for the hunters, not so much on the human side. As the elderly Yautja scanned the surroundings for any other threats, Dartouga growled to scare off the harmless mortals, Agnak-tör ran towards the glass partition. Snaking his rough fingers across the smooth surface before punching it multiple times until it cracked.

He hopped inside, eyes snapping at the empty and occupied eggs, then to Sahara who gave a relieved, but also fearful look.

With heavy breaths, he reached for her face, examining it as he had previously. Memorizing the curves of her body against his touch, from her neck to her waist. He was happy to see her again.

After having the time to feel her, Agnak-tör fiddled with the lock that prevented her wrists from moving. Using brute force would definitely crush her, and that would be his last resort.

"T-thank you..." Sahara murmured, though she didn't know if he understood.

As soon as he ripped the shackles off, Agnak-tör embraced her like he would his own mate. Gra'vios noticed, frowning in disgust as his brother showed such care towards a creature, not of their own.

The male started to pull her away urging her to go with him, but Sahara stopped, using her own weight to stop the beast in his tracks.

"Wait! We can't leave him!" She protested, breaking away from the predator and running towards Dan.

Agnak-tör's helmet glinted towards the human on the chair, carefully examining every inch of him. As he did, the crab creature plopped off of the man's face and Dan coughed and breathed in as much as he could. Dan's eyes roamed rapidly, only stopping when he saw Sahara with a shocked, but at the same time, relieved face.

The human male gave Sahara a soft smile, trying to lift his hand up to touch her face but couldn't due to the restriction.

"I saw something hideous," he jokingly muttered.

"I prefer your beautiful cavern than that treacherous-" Dan's sight landed on the large lizard-men before he could finish his awful sentence.

"Sahara! Get away from them!" Dan shouted, struggling to free himself from the chair.

The sudden shout alerted the other three hunters causing them to pull up their preferred weapons. Dan, on the other hand, gritted his teeth.

"Wait! They're on our side!" Sahara quickly interrupted.

"Dan... they're not dangerous..." Sahara quietly said, placing a hand over the man's own hand.

Dan trembled, not because he was afraid, but because he was enraged that the woman he loves was siding with those things.

"Sahara! Don't you remember what they did to your group?! Malory! Simon?! Did you forget?! I lost many of my men because of them, I lost one of my best friends because of them! Why?... Why would you say that...?" Dan looked at her with sorrow in his grey, blurry eyes.

Sahara pursed her lips. The feeling of guilt rushing in to overcome her. "But... what am I supposed to do? Who am I supposed to trust? You're right they killed the people I cared about... but Johnson also killed most of my friends too, Lucian, Kit and Neil, and for what? To proceed with his sick experiment? While these hunters killed them because we were the ones who started it! We took members of their group, forcing on sick experiments, not to mention that they're children, they're children Dan! Would you let them die due to someone's stupid experiment?! Would... would you let something like that happen... to our child...?"

_____

Argh! I'm so sorry for the late upload, I've been playing this game recently and I just forgot about this!

But hey, what'd you guys think?

Who will die? Who survives?

Who will she end up with?

Ugh, there are so many questions that even I, the author, am dying to know the answers!!

Well, we'll just find out in future chapters!!

By the way, A VERY VERY HUGE THANK YOU ALL FOR STAYING AND READING THIS AWFUL BOOK!! I REALLY APPRECIATE ALL THE SUPPORT AND IT KEEPS ME PUMPED UP!!

SOOOO THANK YOU!! AND STICK AROUND FOR THE NEXT CHAPTERS!!

BYE!!