He's Awake

"This bread is stale" Nikabrik stated banging the bread on the table. After getting the boy inside the house TruffleHunter had made you place him on the bed and bandage his head. Nikabrik hadn't liked the idea of us helping a telmarine and had tried to harm the boy even further. Which only resulted in Trufflehunter sitting on his head until he had calmed down, this had only put the dwarf in a bad mood.

"I don't think you hit him hard enough" Nikabrik said with tone of annoyance in his voice, pushing his food aside and looking at you.

"He's just a boy" Trufflehunter replied calmly.

"He's a telmarine, not some lost puppy. You said you would get rid of him"

"No I said I would take care of him, whats the point in bandaging the boy if were just going to kill him... hmm... it will be like murdering a guest."

"O, and how do you think they are treating there guest" You asked now showing more interest in the conversion."I'm sure their not bandaging him up, like we did with ours. They probably have him locked in some vile cell, if they haven't killed him already."

"Y/N you have to understand Trumpkin knew what he was doing,it's not the boys fault" Trufflehunter said now turning his attention to you.

You grabbed hold of your swords handle as a the boy suddenly ran out causing Trufflehunter to drop the soup that he had just made. Nikabrik had already unsheathed his sword pointing it at the boy causing him to back up towards the fire place. You watched as he grabbed the metal rod from the fire and holding it ready to defend himself. The clanging of metal could be heard as warning swinging came from both the sword and rod.

"STOP...STOP...no,no" Trufflehunter shouted as he tried to stop the small fight that had now broken out.

"I told you we should have killed him when we had the chance" Nikabrik stated not ready to back down from harming the boy.

"You know we can't" you spoke up

"If we're taking a vote then I'm with her" The boy spoke nodding in your direction.

"We can't let him go he's seen us" Nikabrik half shouted as anger started to appear on his face turning back to the boy and yet again swinging his sword at him.

"THAT'S ENOUGH BOTH OF YOU" you shouted now annoyed at Nikabriks behavior.

"Do i need to sit on your head again?" Trufflehunter asked looking towards Nikabrik. A small laugh escaped your lips as you saw the look of disgust on the dwarfs face from the events that at accrued earlier that night. "And you look what you made me do." Trufflehunter pointed towards the food the boy had knocked out his hand. "Spent half a day working on that" Trufflehunter whispered to himself as he picked up the small bit of food from the floor that he could before turning towards the kitchen. You sat down making sure not to take your eyes off of Nikabrik as he joined you back at the table.

"What are you?" The boy asked looking between both Nikabrik and Trufflehunter.

"Funny you would have thought people would know a badger when they saw one." you chuckled.

"No... I mean your Narnia's...There purpose to be extinct." The boy stated looking at the dwarf.

"Sorry to disappoint you" Nikabrik snapped back, focusing now on the the hot food that Trufflehunter had placed on the table.

"There you go, still hot" Trufflehunter spoke kindly towards the boy gesturing at him to take a seat at the table.

"When did we open a boarding house for Telmarine soldiers?" Nikabrik asked looking up from his soup.

"I am not a telmarine solider!... I am prince Caspian the 10th." Caspian stated placing the rod back by the fire.

"Then what are you doing here?" you asked now curious as to why a prince was this far in the forest and not at his castle.

"Running Away" Caspian replied looking into the fire. You turned to look at Trufflehunter, who looked at you with knowing eyes at the thought of what you had been through and to think that Caspian had been through the same thing with his father. "My Uncle has always wanted my throne... I suppose, that I've only lived this long because he didn't have an heir of his own."

"That chances things" Trufflehunter spoke looking up to the prince interested in what he had to say.

"Yeah, at least we don't have to kill you are self's" Nikabrik added.

"Your right" Caspian spoke going to the door to grab his armor and sword.

"Where are you going?" You asked standing up.

"My uncle won't stop until I'm dead." Caspian replied

"But you can't leave your meant to save us... don't you know what this is?" Trufflehunter asked picking up Susan's horn.

"My professor gave it to me" Caspian spoke placing his sword back down.

Taking the horn from Trufflehunter you explained "This is Queen Susan's horn..."

"As in Susan from the kings and queens of old" Caspian cut in.

"You have heard of them then you must know of the prophecy" Trufflehunter asked

"I'm sorry but I don't I only know of stories that my professor told me" Caspian replied

"Well it is said that who ever blows this horn will help us to save Narnia along with the Kings and Queens when they return...your meant to be here your meant to help save us." You explained to the prince.

"I'm sorry but I don't think I can do that... I should leave" Caspian said with a hint of sadness in his voice.

"Leave and go where... hmm" You watched as Caspian tried to think of what he would do next. "Why don't you stay here and get some rest in the morning we could speak to the others... we might be able to get an army ready for the kings and queens" You smiled, placing your hand on your sword, your excitement growing more and more that the fact that the Kings and Queens might be on their way right now to help Narnia.

"There's others?" Caspian asked now looking at the Nikabrik and Trufflehunter, his expression clear that he was wondering just what else was out in the woods and how many.

"Of course there are... and you will be surprised at just how many" You replied.