Chapter 14

The food tray was handed to Jinyoung and then the cashier gave him the change. Jinyoung muttered a quick 'thanks' and taking his tray, turned around to head for an empty table.

Most of the tables were occupied and he looked around, searchingly, until he spotted a table, which a group of students had just left.

Jinyoung went straight there, with the quick steps, lest it would be taken by someone else. Such worry was too common for him and sometimes, he thought it would just be the best to bring the lunchbox. But that was what a high school boy would do, and he was a college student. No, he did not want to feel like a high school boy again.

Thankfully, he could make it to the table before anyone else could take it and sat down there, releasing a sigh.

Another moment and he was already digging into his lunch, trying to ignore the bustling sight of the canteen and the almost unbearable noise.

"Hey dumb ass!"

It was too familiar a voice and Jinyoung did not need to look up to see who it was. But he did, anyway, and was welcomed by the sight of Mark and his friends, standing by his table.

Their hands were occupied by the food trays and next moment, Jong sat down beside Jinyoung and Seung took the seat opposite Jinyoung, with Mark next to him.

"In case you're bored, being alone," Jong said, with a smile full of malice and something wicked flickering in his eyes.

Jinyoung hissed under his breath and tried to focus back on his food. He knew they had no good intention but he had no other table to go to. The only way was to eat fast and finish the lunch as soon as possible.

However, he should have known better than to continue sitting there. The moment he reached for the soup, his hand was pushed hard till it came into contact with the steaming liquid of the soup.

He withdrew his hand in horror and looked, with despise, at Jong, who was laughing now. Seung joined Jong's laugh and his eyes were mocking Jinyoung.

Jinyoung bit his lip out of anger and made sure his eyes did not wander to Mark because seeing Mark's jeering eyes would be worse than anything.

"How does it feel, dork? Can't you withstand even that amount of pain? Hell, do you even call yourself a man?"

"I guess, you need to give him more lessons on how to endure the pain, Jong," Seung said.

"Surely, I think I do," Jong smirked.

Jinyoung stood up off the chair and took his food tray, setting his mind to get away from them as soon as he could.

"Oh, you're running away now? You think it'll be that easy?"

Jinyoung ignored those words and turned around to leave. But his wrist was yanked suddenly, causing the tray, plates and food all drop onto and scatter on the floor. The sound of them hitting the floor resounding and bringing everyone's attention to him.

All the chatter came to the dreadful silence and all the eyes were focused on Jinyoung and the mess.

He was embarrassed and stood transfixed on the spot.

"What the hell did you do to him?" The silence was broken by the commanding voice and Jinyoung turned to see Tae Hyun, standing beside Jong and demanding the answer from the latter.

Tae Hyun was furious, Jinyoung could see that, and looked so on the verge of punching Jong.

"Fuck off!" Jong spat, standing up to face Tae Hyun eye to eye, and both of their eyes were flaming with anger. "What are you? Are you his knight in shining armour? Mind your own business, you understand?"

Tae Hyun stepped forward and grabbed Jong by the collar, "You know yourself how wicked you are. Don't you feel so proud of yourself by bullying someone. Mind you, you dare touch Jinyoung next time and see what I'd do to you."

"Asshole, do you think I'll be frightened by your threat? Why don't you just punch me and see what'll happen to you?"

Jinyoung stepped in, pulling Tae Hyun's hands away from Jong, "Please, Tae Hyun, it's just a small matter. You don't need to be involved in this. Let's go now."

Tae Hyun's eyes softened a little at Jinyoung's words and let himself be pulled away by Jinyoung, to some distance away from the table. "What else did they do to you? Are you okay? Gosh, I was searching for you and that was the mess I found you in."

Tae Hyun ran his eyes over Jinyoung, checking if he was hurt. Jinyoung hid his hand with the red patch on the back of it and smiled reassuringly at Tae Hyun.

"I'm not hurt. I think I've to pay for the damage. I want to leave here now."

"We'll go to the counter and then will leave."

Tae Hyun put his hand securely around Jinyoung's shoulder and started their way to the counter.

But Tae Hyun was wrenched by someone, and forced to turn around before a blow came to his face.

Jinyoung turned and exclaimed in shock as he saw Mark slamming his fists against the startled Tae Hyun continuously till the latter fell to the floor. Mark did not stop there, however; he bent down, pinning Tae Hyun down and resumed punching him hard.

Jinyoung moved in haste and pushed Mark away, till the latter fell on his hips.

"What on earth did you do that for?" Jinyoung shouted at Mark in anger, and crouched down to help Tae Hyun sit up. Both of his nose and lips were bleeding and his eyes were only half open.

"I'm sorry, it's all because of me," Jinyoung muttered, taking Tae Hyun in his arms and hearing his groans, "I'll help you. Let's get out of here ."

"Follow me." Mark gripped Jinyoung's wrist but Jinyoung yanked his hand back.

"I don't want to see you. Go away!"

Mark grabbed his hand again and this time, it was so tight that no equal strength was left in Jinyoung to struggle against. He was jerked to his feet, as Tae Hyun was left lying on the floor.

Jinyoung's worries turned to the peak, to see Tae Hyun's lying figure, unattended on the floor. He looked at Mark, with abhorrence, and met the cold eyes. Before he could make any protests, Mark tightened his grip and dragged him out of the place. Everyone was watching them; and Jinyoung made attempts to force himself away from Mark but was forcefully drawn, away from the canteen; and his wrist started to hurt as Mark's grip on it got tighter and it was yanked all along the way.