day off// lance gross

I open my fridge and get depressed. I deadass don't have any food? I close my refrigerator and check the cabinets. Just seasonings and dry ass noodles. I go back to check the refrigerator, just in case I missed something the first time.

I didn't.

I sigh sitting down on the couch. I pick up my phone and go to Instagram. After watching 4 stories, someone facetimes me. Lance🤞🏾 would like FaceTime. I answer the phone after the 3rd ring. Can't let these niggas think I'm just awaiting their phone call.

"Hello?" I answer.

"Hey, wassup? You at work?" he asks. Damn, always tryna know my whereabouts.
"Nevermind, I see your kitchen in the background. You bout to do something or you home all day? How'd you even get the day off?" I acted fake appalled at the question. I mean yeah, I'm always working but sheesh.

"Why you asking me all these questions?" I ask trying to avoid answering them, although I knew I would eventually. He kisses his teeth and just stares at me.

"...No, i'm not doing anything and I asked for this weekend off like 2 months ago. Surprised they gave it to me." I answer him not even wanting to really argue. I'm too hungry. A smile crept on his face.

"Iight bet, I'm finna pull up."

"I didn't invite you over though."

"You don't have to, i'm on my way."

I rolled my eyes.

"Don't give me no attitude." He said sternly, kinda turning me on. It was quiet for 2 seconds and he spoke again.

"Mm, you must be hungry. What you want?" he says as he starts getting ready to leave his house. How he knows me so well? Probably cause he be in my guts all the damn time. I get excited and tell him to bring me some chick-fil-a since it's on the way to my house.

"Wait, I also need to go grocery shoppi— ". He cuts me off.

"Iight we can go tomorrow morning." He says matter of factly. He makes his way outside to his car and says he'll see me soon before hanging up. I hang up and realize that Lance is really about to come over again.

Our relationship is something else. But if it were to have a label, it would be friends with benefits. When this whole thing started, he made sure to tell me I wasn't the only one. I had no problem with that. I was 23, living life and was okay being single. The first time we ever had sex 8 months ago was...incredible. Ever since then, I didn't mind being a fuck buddy. His dick was superb and kept me begging for more. Aside from that, he's really nice and chill. We can laugh all day together without any sexual tension. It was nice to have someone who you could call on to talk to and give you dick. 2n1 combo. However, 3 months ago he started being too nice. He'd offer to pick my clothes up from the dry cleaners, cook breakfast the morning after we had sex, even be my personal chauffeur if I didn't feel like driving. Whenever I would rant about some one at my job, he'd get super protective out of nowhere. Who messing with you?Do I need to come up there? I didn't mind it coming from him though. He was fine as hell, so if he wanted to play boyfriend I'd let him. We started getting into petty little arguments over things that shouldn't matter to him. However, he was really pissed at me last month cause he saw his number wasn't saved. I said to him it wasn't saved so I could memorize it. That was partially true but he wasn't going for it. I don't save any boys number because they are quick to enter and exit your life so what's the point?

Another FT calls brings me out my thoughts and it's him. I pick up the phone while going to my window to look at the driveway. The call is still connecting as I see his car outside.