happy birthday//your choice

this about YOU and your black king. I just hate writing Y/N so I try to write nice stories without using that. it's kinda hard though so don't judge.
——————————————————
in his pov

Every Sunday was roughly the same. I would pick my best friend up and we'd smoke and just talk about anything on our hearts. A way to debrief, just saying anything that was on our minds. She's a psychology major and said that it's a healthy practice, so I just went along with it. Many times these sessions helped me see a lot of things clearer and allowed us to give each other advice without us getting offended because we'd be so geeked. We were currently chilling in my car at the park, smoking a blunt. We had just hit a comfortable silence in our conversation as she takes a hit.

"Wow, I can't believe I turn 23 on Friday." she says smiling at me. "I don't even know what to do for it." She takes another hit and passes it to me. I calmly look into her eyes as I take a hit.

"I gotchu. Imma take you on a date."

She squinted her eyes looking at me trying to see if I was playing or not. "....boy, stop playing! You ain't taking me on no date."

"Girl, you the only one playing. You know I been tryna take you out since the first day I met you." I said chuckling. She laughs along, shaking her head.

"Nahh, you never said allat now. All you said was that my ass was fat—"

"And that it is.." I say under my breath taking another hit. Before I can finish thinking the rest of the unholy thoughts in my head she slaps my arm.

"Oh my goodness, shut UP." she laughs, rolling her eyes.

"Mhm, well now that you know, lemme take you out."

"That's how you ask?"

Rolling my eyes, I restate the question. "Can I take you out for your birthday?"

"Hmm, I don't like the attitude, but sure, I'll allow it." I couldn't even contain my smile. I've been liking her since the first time I seen her. We got along really well and clicked almost instantly when we started linking up at different events.

"Bet. Imma text you the details, iight?"

"Okay, but just because we close don't mean my expectations for this date aren't high. I want to be thoroughly impressed." she said looking in my eyes with her red ones. "I'm serious.."

"Yeah, I got you baby girl, don't worry about it." As soon as I called her that, I noticed her squeeze her thighs together. I smirk and look back in her eyes and she turns her face away from me quickly. "You hungry?"

"Man, you already know."

——————————————————
At his house

"I'm glad yo ass finally asked her ass out bruh, I was getting tired of hearing your ass sapping every time she told you bout her lil niggas" my roommate, Keith, said to me.

"First off, shut yo lightskin ass up. But damn, she told you already?" I asked sitting on the couch in the living room. He looked at me crazy before responding.

"Nigga, she's my cousin and you're my best friend so of course she told me." I nodded. "And her expectations are high as hell so I hope you can amaze her."

"Yeah man I know. I don't even know what Imma do but it's gotta be on some fye shit. I feel like this the only chance I have to impress her."

"Hell yeah, you know she don't like that second chance shit. You gone be living in the friend zone permanently if you fuck this up." Giving him a straight face, I mumbled a quick 'thanks bruh' before I went to my room. I decided to just take a quick shower to get my thoughts flowing on what I could do. I really did want to impress her and take this date seriously. She might be my best friend but I want to make her my girl more than anything. It gets on my nerves hearing stories about how these lame ass niggas  treat her when I know I could do better. Standing in the shower, I was thinking through different ideas of things I think she'd like. I really wish I could just text her but I want to surprise her and catch her completely off guard.

For the rest of the week, I showed my ASS. I sent her red roses on Monday and a purple rose bear on Wednesday and said it was from her "secret admirer". After she received each gift, she would FaceTime me. 'I know you lying. This for me for real?' The smile on her face when I would tell her 'Yes, girl. who else?' made every dollar spent worth it. On the Thursday before her birthday, I sent her an edible arrangement with chocolate covered strawberries and pineapples. I attached a note saying,

So you can taste good for me. See you tomorrow baby girl.
- Your not so secret admirer

I knew she'd call me as soon as she read ready to snap at me. And sure enough I got a call.

"Now you know you play too much."

"Who said I was playing? You better eat that shit." She stared at me through the phone before trying to hide her smile.

"You're annoying."

"And you like that shit. I'm finna go into work though, so I'll text you, aight?"

"Okay but what time should I be ready tomorrow?"

"Imma get you the details boo, don't worry." Failing to hide her smile, she gave me a small one before ending the call.

"Okay, talk to you later." She said and I returned a farewell before hanging up the phone. Walking into Victoria Secret, a young lady approached me.

"Heyyy." she said twirling her hair with her finger. I reply with a short 'wassup' and continue walking to the lingerie. "Do you need any help?"

"Nah, I'm good thanks."

"You gotta girlfriend?" she says slightly touching my arm.

"Yeah and she beat bitches. Don't touch me again." I said sternly before walking away. I heard her scoff and say some shit under her breath but I decided to ignore her and do what I came here for. I wanted to get her some lingerie, not for me to see her in, but just so she can feel beautiful whenever. I know some women like dressing themselves up just to feel good, and I want that for her. I saw two that I really liked, so I said fuck it and got her both. I got one red piece and one white, knowing both would look absolutely stunning on her dark skin. I went to another store and got her a dress so she could wear it to dinner tomorrow. I basically picked out her entire fit, except her shoes. I know she'll have heels because she basically gets some every time she sees a sale in DSW. Leaving the mall, I go home and fold up everything into a gift box. Inside, I leave her a handwritten note.

You're beautiful inside and out and I'm blessed to have you in my life. The lingerie aint for me to see, but for you to feel sexy in. Wear this dress tomorrow and I will send a car for you at 7:30pm. PLEASE be ready, because I know how you are. See you then.

- a Real Nigga

I drive to her house and park down the street. I run up to her house ring her doorbell and hide around the corner of her house. I heard Ashley, her roommate, come to the door.

"Girl, you got this nigga sprung as hell, there's another gift.

"Say swear, stop lying." She got to the door and looked down at the box with the biggest smile on her face. "Oh wow..."

"And your ass just cheesin, y'all are so cute—" the door slammed and I ran back to my car and headed home. All I could do was smile as I went home.

---------------------------------------------------
there will be a part two. it was gone be one part but i didn't want it that long. vote + comment please.