great customer service

"So how 'bout that nigga I met at the mall has 2 kids! I blocked him so quick." My coworker Kacey said as we began opening procedures for the day.

"You for real? That's crazy." I replied. Not really caring about the story and was already counting down the hours until I get off. My only work friend, Jamal, wasn't at work today so I had to stick it out with her.

"Yes! One of them is already 7, girl."

"Damn that's slick old as hell. And he never said he had kids?"

"Nope! I found out because I saw them out to dinner in Atlantic Station." My jaw dropped now getting interested in the drama that was to unfold. I loved drama, as long as it wasn't mine. I can withdraw at anytime and it not be my problem. She told me the story as we finished refolding and replenishing the clothes.

"Wow, it's a Tuesday morning, this shit bout to go by so slow." I said standing at the cash register. Working in a department store on weekday mornings were always boring. I loved it because I got paid to do nothing, but sometimes I need excitement. It was only 10:30am and I had to stay until 7pm. There was always a small rush between 12:30-2pm for people shopping during lunch, and people come into the store after work. I grabbed my notes and began rereading and studying since there was nothing else for me to do. While still reading, I heard the door chime go off.

"Hello! Welcome." I yelled from my spot at the register which was near the door.

"Thank you!" A deep voice said. My head sprung up at the voice that immediately had my panties wet. A tall, dark skin man with an athletic build calmly walking through the racks looking for something. He walked with authority and dressed beautifully. Deciding this was the perfect time to do my actual job, I got up and walked towards him. Getting closer to him, I notice the gold watch on his wrist, a gold Cuban link chain around his neck and a cute lil afro.

"Hi, are you finding everything okay?" I ask him. Now that I was face to face, I could smell his cologne and it felt so comforting. I wish I could snuggle with him right then and there.

"Umm, yeah." He says sounding unsure, still looking around.

"Is there anything I can help you find?" I ask again, to give him another chance to say he's confused. And so I could try being around him longer.

"Actually, yes, I'm not even sure exactly what I'm looking for." he says with a chuckle, scratching his neck.

"Who's it for or what's the occasion?" I ask.

"Well, it's for my girlfriend—"

Fuck

"and it's date night—"

Well, damn

"and I really want her to look sexy as hell. I want to pick something that'll make her feel and look good, but to me she really looks good in everything so I don't know....." he trails off. Since I've already committed to helping, I shake off the possibility of getting to sex this man and put my focus on helping him.

"Do you have a picture or can you describe her?"

He whips his phone out scrolling to his pictures and selecting one. "Okay here's a good picture of her body and skin tone." He shows me a picture of a woman from behind. She has beautiful dark brown skin with a large natural afro, that he made sure he pointed out because she works 'too damn hard on that'. Her legs are toned and honestly, her ass is fat. She looked beautiful from behind so I could only imagine what her face looked like. He looks at me and asks, "So you can help?"

So I tried. I pulled out multiple dresses but they either looked as though they'd make her look like a refrigerator or they were just not nice enough. We found maybe 4 he really liked so we put them on hold for now. All the while, Mr. "I love my Girlfriend" is slick flirting with me and he's a fool to think I wouldn't flirt back.