Chapter Twenty Eight

Veronica POV

That night ended quickly, I was woken up by the sound of sheets moving. I looked around to see Danielle getting off the floor. I was laying her bed.

She looked at me sheepishly

"Sorry for waking you" she said in a quiet tone.

I sent a sincere smile her way, insuring her that I was okay with that. I crept out of her bed, I was in a big tshirt and some comfy pajamas shorts.

The first thought was "I let her undress me" but then I thought "wellll she is a girl who saved me"

I thought in my head maybe it's time I get out of there hair and return home.

Crazy right? But I starte school in two and a half weeks.

I had spoken with my mother about my school stuff and she was going to drop it off at Carter house.

Would Carter forgive me though?

I laid and thought " What is Devin doing?" I haven't messaged him a couple of days and I missed him.

"Can I borrow your laptop?" I asked Danielle

She simply handed it to me with a smile while walking out the room.

Logging in to WattPad, I saw messages from Devin.

He was out of Chemo and Sam had told him he was gay. He was also spending the day with Sam and won't be returning till the next morning.

I attempted to send a message back but it wouldn't send. That's weird?

I tried again and it wouldn't send. It was like he had muted me.

Why would he do that?

I logged into Carter account, she my best friend of course I know her stuff.

As I scrolled through the messages, it seemed as though Devin was trying to visit me.

I thought that was the sweetest thing ever, she gave him our address.

I sighed he can message me once he gets back.

I missed him.

I closed the laptop and got ready before I walked down the stairs to the living room.

With one bag in my hand, Danielle handed me a burner phone

"just in case" she says.

I smiled, I was happy she was here.

Heidi hated me.

Liam was sitting on the couch his eyes red rimmed , tired and weary.

I walked over to him. "I'm going back" I said. He looked at me and nodded , he didn't want me to leave.

He handed me a note, "don't read it until your home" he said while I tucked it in my back pocket.

I gave him a quick kiss on the cheek and a hug. Walking towards the door.

I walked from the house to the bus stop. I finally was rejoining the world I grew up.

Sam POV

I didn't mean for it to happen. One minute we were having fun laughing and the next it was hell.

I paced the hallways I was confused and scared

I didn't mean for it happen. !

I tugged at my hair .

He can't.

He can't!

Devin can't die!

Heeeeey GUYSSSS

the next chapter going to kill me, I'm so sorry Sam I love you.

Comment & Vote

Xoxoxoxoxoxo Jestinee