Chapter Eighteen

Devin POV

I was sitting up on the bed when Sam came in. He looked extremely fidgety. 

"Whats wrong ?" I asked in a soothing voice

He shook his head and said nothing , I didn't want to but I let it go. 

He turned the tv on and we started to watch Adventure Time, I started to text Marie.

Me, Marie and Sam have been friends for a long time, she knew us like the back of her hand. She was an incredible amazing girl, and we all were the three amigos.

I busted out laughing to what Marie had said, and Sam looked over he looked at me as if I had grown two heads and eight noses. 

I just pointed to my phone, I havent talked to Veronica considering it was 4AM , Sam took my phone indiciating it was time to go to sleep.

I yawned and rolled over, that night I slept in comfort.

Veronica POV

His hand was smooth and cold, his eyes flickered over to the bed.

"You know I can sleep on the floor or the couch or something" he said

"No no, Ill sleep on the floor, its your room "

He looked at me in disbelief 

"Your willing to sleep on the floor?"

I shook my head yes

"Whats wrong with that ?"

"Normal girls usually take the bed, letting the guy to sleep somewhere else"

"Guess I'm not normal then"

We both busted out laughing at how cliche we sounded, my phone buzzed in my pocket

It was Cael, the picture of us stuck out, he had his arm around me, I had my arm around Carter, the picture was taken at the lake house two years prior. My black unruly hair was all over the place, Carter face was red as a tomato and Cael smile was crooked and gorgeous. 

I frowned at the message 

"Where are you? I didnt mean what I said, please come home"

I didnt want to go home, I left on purpose, I wanted to be away from all the drama and start a new life here, wherever here shall be.

"Boyfriend?" 

I had forgotten that Liam was sitting next to me

"Ex" I simply replied throwing my phone across the bed.

Liam got up and walked to his drawers, he handed me a big t shirt and boxers.

"Shower down the hall on your right, a closet has all the towels and soap is next to it."

I got up slowly grabbing my bag and the clothes walking out to the halls.

It was quiet and my feet made the floor creaked

I opened the first door on my right , which was probably a mistake to do

The sleeping human back was faced to me, I hurriedly closed the door, not wanting to know who that was.

I checked the second door and it appeared to be the bathroom

I grinned in success, quickly grabbing a towel out the hall closet, I slipped into the bathroom.

It was gorgeous, the walls were a tan color that had a shell painted on it, the skin had a granite top and a motion sensored faucet , I pulled back the curtain of the shower, it was a standing shower and the tiles were spotless, I was almost afraid to step in it.

I turned the water on making sure it was steaming hot, I quickly locked the bathroom door and stared in the mirror.

The girl who stared back wasnt me, I wasnt the strong one anymore, my arms were scratched up with little white jagged lines and my hair was limp down. My eyes were red from crying so much and my mouth tasted of vomit. I sighed looking at the girl

This girl was vulnerable, the one who begged for Cael to rescue her, the one who took four different medications. This was Veronica.

I turned away from the girl, it hurt to much to watch her watch me.

I stepped into the shower, singing away

"You're gone and I got to stay high

All the time to keep you off my mind

High all the time to keep you off my mind

Spend my days locked in a haze

Trying to forget you babe, I fall back down

Gotta stay high all my life to forget I'm missing you"

That song was filled with so emotions and feeling that the words were true. 

I washed my body and brushed my teeth, yes in the shower saves up time, washing my hair with a vanilla conditioner, running my hands through it to detangle it.

I got out and got dressed, avoiding to look in the mirror.

I opened the door and Liam stood in front of me

"Nice voice" he smirked and I grinned

Heeeeeeyyyyy Guysss

so so so so so so so so so so so so sorry for not updating, this week Ive gone through a lot but I decided not to let it get the best of me.

How do we feel about Liam and Veronica relationship? 

Comment , Vote and Message me anytime

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo Jestinee