Chapter 16

Jc's P.O.V

I didn't know what to say. I was literally speechless. I can't believe they found her. They actually found her. She's alive.

"Where? Where is she?" I asked frantic.

"She's at a mental hospital." The policeman stated.

"Why? There's nothing wrong with her."

"Well there wasn't. You may want to sit down." He said. My stomach churned waiting for the story as I sat down.

"Arizona was found a neighbors porch crying for help. She had been raped for two days and killed the man who did it. She was hysterical. We had to do what was best for her."

I didn't believe one word. How? I know she wasn't really just picked up off the street. And she couldn't even hurt a fly let alone kill someone.

"I feel like you don't believe me."

"No I don't." I said frustrated. He must have it mixed it up. There's no way.

"Well you need to. I'm not lying. Everything I said was true. She will be in the hospital for a good 3 months. She went through traumatic experiences."

My emotions were so mixed up. Joy and sadness. Anger and depression. I couldn't take it.

"Why is everything bad happening? I was so happy to finally get her back and now she's in a mental hospital? I'm trying so hard to make things right and-" I yelled at no one particular. I stomped out side sitting down against the building. I heard the door open and I knew it was Sam.

"J-"

"Don't Sam."

"But-"

"No. Everything this is not gonna be okay. You may think it is but it's not. I'm tired of everyone telling me it is okay. Cause it's not. My life is totally fucked up. I try to do what's right, but it never works. It's already my fault she was brought back. It's all me. I'm so angry at EVERYTHING. The world. Me. It just doesn't work." I yelled.

"I just want you to know that I love you and-"

"I don't care. Stop trying to help me. It's not. I don't love you. So stop loving me."

"I know you're just hurting so I don't believe you."

"I fucking don't Sam. Leave me alone."

"You don't mean it." I could hear him tearing up.

"I do. I don't fucking love you. I lied. Just get away."

"I won't ever leave you-"

"Stop trying to make this some cliche love story. It's not. Reality check Sam. I don't love you. You just gotta except it. We were never meant to be so why don't you do yourself a favor and leave."

He processed what I said and for some reason I didn't feel one bit sorry as he started to cry.

"I know your hurting and stuff. But what you said hurt me more than any physical thing you could do. But I know you don't mean it. I mean maybe you do I don't know. But it fucking it hurts. It hurts you won't let me help you. I love Arizona too. But I guess you need to figure this stuff out on your own. But I won't stop loving you." And he walked away.

<><><<><><><<><><>><>

Sorry this was short. I'm trying to spread out the chapters to make it longer. Jc broke Sam's heart. What next? Vote and comment plz and thx. Ily!!

-britishwriterliv