Chapter 19

Sam's P.O.V

I can't believe I'm actually engaged. And to the most perfect person in the world. But what I didn't tell him is that I could be arrested for murder or at least for hurting her.

"Jc."

"Hm?"

"I have to tell you something."

"I made a horrible mistake."

"What?"

"Bre. Things happened and she was jumping on me and stuff so I pushed her off me. Too hard. She fell back and hit her head on the floor. She may be dead." I said. He looked at me with scared eyes and let go of me.

"You killed someone?" He asked.

"I don't think I can get engaged to- to you." He mumbled. That's what I thought he would do. Instead he just hugged me tighter.

"I know you didn't mean to push her off that hard, and ya know what? She kinda deserves it." He chuckled.

"Oh! That's a relief! I thought you were gonna break up with me or something."

"Of course not. I'll stay by your side. Always." He said grabbing my hand. Just then the man from before came back in.

"Is it all sorted out? I mean I didn't hear crying any more so I thought it was okay to come in." He said closing the door behind him.

"Oh yeah it's fine." I said.

"Okay I have good news and bad news. Which one do you want first?" He asked. I think I'll just get the worst over with.

"Bad news."

"Okay so the bad news is you will be on trial."

"For?"

"Now that's the good news. She's not dead. I mean the way you make her out to be it might be bad news she's not dead. But you will be on trial for assault or if you really want you can go to jail for a month."

My stomach fell to the ground and I felt Jc tighten his hand around mine. Jail? With real convicts who'd probably beat the shit out of me. No way.

"But it's a much quicker process. And he (Jc) can visit whenever you want."

I can't believe I was actually considering going to jail. But I know trial takes months, long months of anticipation. And it could have a much worse result.

"I'm sorry, but I really do consider jail. I mean I know it seems hardcore and bad, but it's not all that. You'll be fine. But I understand if you need a little time-"

"Okay." I said.

"What?" Him and Jc both said in unison.

"I'll go."

"Are you sure kid?"

"Yeah." It was a decision I had to make. It won't be that bad. Right?

"Oh. Well okay. You go back to your hotel and I'll pick you up in the morning. What hotel are you staying at?"

"Western Inn."

"Okay I'll pick you up 11:30."

"Okay." I said walking out with Jc. We walked out the police department in silence.

"Are you okay?" I asked as we started walking back.

"Yes."

I saw a little flower shop that was still open.

"Wait here." I said running inside. He looked at me weird, but did as I said. I found a single red rose and brought it to the counter.

"13 dollars." The man said. I only had 10.