.01

"keaton! hurry up! the jacks are here to pick you up for school...since you decided to crash your car." i hear my mom say as she mumbles the last sentence.

anyways, my names keaton smith. im 18, i live in los angeles, and im a senior in high school. i have the perfect life (in my eyes) and amazing friends!

"keaton hurry the fuck up! we are gonna be late!" i couldn't tell which jack that was. oh yeah, two of my bestfriends are jack gilinsky and jack johnson. you might know them from jack and jack.

i walk out of my closet wearing my jack and jack sweater and my black leggings with my checkered vans. i grab my backpack and jet down the stairs!

"im ready assholes jeez!" i say laughing a little. i grab an apple on the way out and tell my mom i love her.

"we always love seeing our fans wearing our merch." gilinsky says with a smirk.

"fuck off, you guys were rushing me. this is all i could find." i say.

"well maybe tomorrow you should wake up earlier." johnson says. i flip him off while hopping in the backseat.

on the way to school jack turns on the radio and a familiar voice comes on. its shawn.

*FLASHBACK*
"im gonna miss you shawn." i say after dropping shawn off at the airport

"ill miss you too keaton." sean says laying a small peck on my lips. "i promise we will stay in touch! i love you." he says. i give him a slight nod.

shawn grabs his suitcase and walks off. he disappears into the airport.

*TWO MONTHS LATER*

shawn has been gone for two months and we have texted only twice. im starting to think this friendship/little fling we have is over. i decide to text him, maybe he's been busy.

i stare at my phone in aw, did he really just end everything between us? even our friendship? what a fucking asshole

i stare at my phone in aw, did he really just end everything between us? even our friendship? what a fucking asshole. i chuck my phone across the room and just sit there and cry. its really over. shawn and i are really done.

*FLASHBACK OVER*

"im sorry keaton. ill turn it off." gilinsky says.

"no. its fine. leave it on. the song is pretty catchy." i say bobbing my head.

we finally pull into the school parking lot and all of us hop out the car.

"2 more weeks til we graduate and two more weeks til fucking summer break! whooo baby letss go!" our friend sammy yells as he walks up to us with his girlfriend cara also known as my childhood bestie.

"hey keaton, i've missed you bitch!" cara says hugging me. i laugh at her and sammy's enthusiasm this early in the morning. we all walk into the school where we see maddy and reagan waiting for us by our lockers.

maddy is my other bestie since childhood. cara likes to call us triplets since we've been inseparable since pre-k. reagan is gilinsky's girlfriend. at first none of us liked her because she was a grade under us and we thought she was only using jack for his fame but here we are two years later and they are still going strong. so shes alright in our book now.

"so have you heard the exciting news keaton?" cara says. i give her a confused look. i look over at the the others and they are avoiding eye contact and sammy is giving her a look that basically reads , "dont tell her you dumbass!"

"well somebody better tell me the news because it seems like everybody fucking knows except me! so what the hell is it?" i say with a little attitude.

johnson comes next to me and puts his hand on my shoulder. "um, well last week shawn put us all in a group chat and told us that he was coming back home. permanently." my body stiffens and it feels like im about to faint.

i look up at my friends with watery eyes. "he's coming home?"

CLIFFHANGER! omg i cannot believe that im back to writing on this thing. im super excited to be back! i hope you guys enjoy this book i decided to make 🤩