Remeber

Hope POV

I remembered everything. Eli. Elijah Stefan Saltzman, named after my uncle Elijah and Josie's late step father. Niko's identical twin brother. How could I forget my own son?

"Elijah. How?" I asked softly as I cradled the baby in my arms.

"Like you said, I stole him. I was going to take both but it is much harder to erase memories of the pregnancy so I just erased everyone's memories of the twin and I took him." The monster explained, grinning maniacally.

"You're awful." I spat and he chuckled.

"I know. Now I'm going to have everyone remember everything. Once they remember this little boy, I'll give them a choice: give me the other baby or I'll kill both babies." He explained and all of the color drained from my face.

"No. You can't do that!" I though about Josie. My poor girlfriend who would have everything taken away from her.

"I can do whatever I want, I'm in control." He continued to chuckle. "And my dear Hope, if you're good maybe I'll give you your other surprise."

"What?" I asked incredulously. What else could he have up his sleeve?

"You'll have to wait and see." He said ominously as he left me and Eli alone. I held my baby tightly.

——
Josie POV

Last night sucked. I didn't sleep at all without Hope by my side. Now, getting Niko dressed and looking at how much he resembles Hope, tears start filling my eyes.

"Hey Josie." Penelope appeared in my doorway and I quickly wiped my eyes.

"Hi satan." I responded quickly, choking back my remaining tears.

"Look, Josie, I'm sorry about what happened. I know you probably miss Hope like crazy." She said softly and I shook my head.

"Why do you care, you're probably glad that Hope's gone so that you can get closer to me." I spat. Niko started squirming and I picked him up as I turned to Penelope.

"Okay, maybe I would have done that a while ago but I've been thinking and Hope's good for you. You love her, way more than you loved me and I think that's why I cheated. I saw how much you loved her and I got scared. I know that's no excuse but it's all I've got. Can we try to be friends? I promise I won't hit on you anymore." She pleaded. I could tell that she wanted my forgiveness and I guess there was some truthfulness in her eyes.

"I'd like to be friends but it's going to take some time. Let's start slow." I said and she nodded.

"Thank you Josie." She said, smiling softly."And for what it's worth, I miss having Hope around too. The school just isn't the same without her."

"You've got that right." I said shakily and she waved before turning and leaving.

I put Niko back down on the bad and finished getting him dressed for the day.

"There you go baby, all ready." I said as I tickled his stomach. He giggled and reached out but not for me."You miss Mama, huh. I miss her too. But she'll come back, I promise." I told him as I picked him up and bounced him. "You're too young to understand everything going on and I'm so sorry that you have to go through this. It's only going to get harder out there in the world. But you don't need to worry because you've got my family and Mama's family fighting for you. You're one lucky kid." I said and he giggled which made me happier since my son was happy. "Alright, time to go see grandma."

——
Hope POV

I sat on the floor of the cell, rocking Eli in my arms. The poor little boy looked up at me with tired eyes. My heart broke for my son.