"It's Complicated"

On a nice, warm, beautiful day are two faunas sitting in an uncomfortable booth at the local coffee shop.
What's worse than sitting in a lousy seat is a talkative monkey who is currently trying to get the attention of the other- and failing. A certain black-haired cat faunas is calmly reading her book, internally begging for some peace and quiet.

"-and So I said, Neptune, if you can't even look at water without going pale how are you gonna become a lifeguard?"
"Are you listening? Blake-"

"Sun, Im trying to read." Blake looked up at him with a slightly annoyed look on her face.

She wasn't trying to be mean, he IS her friend, but when your mind is constantly overthinking and clouded with bad memories and sad thoughts- not to mention her recent lack of sleep- its hard not to get agitated so easily.

"What? Did I say something wrong?" Sun looked at her with confusion and a dash of fear. Just a dash. He is Sun Wukong, after all....,but Blake is one fierce woman.

Blake sighed.
"No, I...I just have a lot on my mind. I appreciate you trying to bring me out and cheer me up but-"

"-but it didnt work and you want to go home, right?"

"Kind of." She said feeling a tad bit guilty.

Blake looked down at her hands watching them involuntarily twitch and move. She was anxious.

Ever since she and Yang killed-took down- Adam she was always anxious. It angered her. She killed her demon, so why does it still haunt her?
Yang didnt seem to be struggling with it as much as her.
Atleast thats what it seemed like. Maybe she is just really good at hiding it than Blake is?

Yang.

Her partner.
If anyone could cheer her up it would be her. If she didnt have Yang (and of course Ruby, Weiss and her parents) in her life she probably would've gone crazy by now. She was there with her after the fight with Adam and never left her side. She was calm, reassuring and just made Blake feel like everything was gonna be okay. Like a security blanket. A really hot security blanket.
-and no, she's not just talking about her semblance.

"Dont worry. I get it, but if you need anything at all let me know! Nep and I are heading by you guys' place anyway." Sun waved her off as Blake slowly got out of her seat.
"Ok. Thanks."

On her way out of the door she realized she hasnt even texted Yang to come get her.
She definitely did NOT feel like walking back.

She swiftly took her scroll out of her pocket and silently thanked the gods above that Yang has a new bike.
A nice one too. Bumblebee 2.0 aka B2 was an all matte black beauty with yellow/golden trimming, instead of the previous all yellow color. It was Blake's idea and Yang was down with it- as long as the bike still had her color, yellow on it.