Chapter 12

Thank you guys for ur votes and lovely comments on previous chapter. It means a lot to me. Lets continue this story and sorry for any gramatical error.

This update is special gift for my dear mishu0703 😘 happy anniversary my grown baby ❤

------------

Chapter 12

Swara tightened her jacket and pressed the intercom bell of Sanskar apartment building. A second later there was a click and the door opened. Swara frowned in surprise. "So fast," she murmured to herself. She entered and walked to the elevator. She can't go up the stairs today. She will definitely run out of breath if she goes up the stairs to the fourth floor. The elevator door opens on the fourth floor.

Swara exhaled heavily and stepped out of the elevator. But her steps suddenly stopped when she saw Sanskar standing against the open door of his apartment.

"Why are you standing there?" Swara asked raising her eyebrows.

Sanskar looked at her in a way that made Swara a little bit nervous. "Why don't you answer your call?" he replied asking.

"Call?" repeated Swara did not understand. "I've replied to your message, haina?""

"Not message," interrupted Sanskar. "I called you many times recently."

"Oh?" Swara blinked, then opened the bag she was carrying and rummaged through it. "Looks like my cellphone is left at home. Sorry."

Hopefully my parents won't call tonight, Swara thought. They must be worried and think of the worst if Swara didn't pick up the phone. Swara looked up and realized that Sanskar was still watching her with curious expression.

"Why do you look at me like that? Is there something on my face?" Swara asked suspiciously.

"Come in," Sanskar said, ignoring Swara's question, and turned into his apartment.

Swara followed him from behind and closed the door. For some reason when she stepped into Sanskar's apartment she immediately felt comfortable. Actually it's not strange considering that for the past few weeks Swara has spent more time here than in her own apartment. She knew this apartment as well as she knew her own apartment. She knew the location of all the items there because all this time she had cleaned this apartment. Swara removed her jacket and put it with her bag on a table in the sitting room.

"So why haven't you eaten yet?" she asked, rolling up her sleeve.

"Because someone doesn't prepare dinner for me," Sanskar said nonchalantly. "Do you think I can cook by myself with hand like this?"

Swara took a breath and blew it slowly. "Okay. What do you want to eat?" she asked.

When she was about to walk past Sanskar to the kitchen, Sanskar's hand holding her arm, making Swara startled. It was just a quick touch before Sanskar lowered his hand again. But that was enough to make Swara stop and look up at him.

"Are you okay?" Sanskar asked softly.

Swara blinked. Sh didn't believe what she hears. Did she really hear a hint of concern in the voice of the Sanskar Maheswari?

"Your face is pale," Sanskar said again.

Swara gulped and shook her head. She forced a smile and said jokingly, "The great Sanskar Maheswari is worried about me? This must be the eighth wonder of the world." When she saw Sanskar not responding her smile, she added, "I am fine."