Chapter 26

Hi guys, welcome to the new chapter of this book. Thank you for your support on the previous chapter. Let's see what happened with our Swasan in this chapter. Sorry for any gramatical errors. Happy reading :)

*****

Chapter 26

"Roy ..." Sanskar called shortly after he entered his apartment and took off his shoes. He just returned from his music studio.

There is no answer from Swara. But his nose smelled a tempting aroma from the kitchen. He was very sure that Swara was there. He hurried into the kitchen.

For the past week Swara has been staying with Sanskar and so far everything has gone without problems. Every morning Swara went to the dance studio for training. Sanskar drove her to the studio and then go to his music studio. Swara returned to Sanskar's apartment at noon. If she feels well, she will stop by Little Steps after returning from training to meet Kavya and her student before going back home to rest and wait for Sanskar who came back in the afternoon.

Her parents, especially Sarah, were relieved and fully supported Swara's decision to stay in Sanskar's apartement. While Tony was initially hesitant to let his only daughter staying with a man. But he then concluded that he would rather see someone accompanying Swara and make sure she was okay. And Sanskar had given the impression that he was a gentleman when they met in Shimla.

"Hmmm, it smells really good. What are you cooking, Roy?" he asked when he saw Swara so engrossed with her work in the kitchen.

"Hey, you're home," Swara greeted with a smile. "The one in the pan is chicken curry. Now I'm making parata," she said, kneading the dough in her hand.

"Wow, it's a miracle that you don't cook your iconic mushroom soup," Sanskar teased as he stirred the curry in the pan on the stove, using a wooden spatula. He smelled the curry while closing his eyes. "Hmmm," he muttered, smiling.

Swara rolled her eyes. "I wanted to make it a long time ago, but I didn't have time. I purposely learned to cook this food so that you can't protest anymore that I never made you Indian food," Swara said, making face.

Sanskar chuckled.

"Now you go and take a shower. I will call you when dinner is ready," Swara told him.

"OK," said Sanskar, taking a Strawberry from the table.

"Don't you dare eat that," Swara said, giving him stern look. "That's for our dessert."

Sanskar grabbed the Strawberry and then played it with his finger, he looked at her with naughty smirk. "If I do, there's nothing you can do to stop me," he said and prepared to put the Strawberry in his mouth. But before he took a bite of the Strawberry, Swara threw a handful of flour at him. With his mouth open, he looked at his shirt and back at Swara. "Roy, you didn't just do that?" he said in a tone of disbelief.

"Yes, I did," Swara said with a laugh. She threw more at him.

Shaking his head, Sanskar smirked and scooped up some flour, and tossed it back at Swara. Swara stopped her laughter and wiped out the flour on her face. She looked at Sanskar while pursing her lips. Sanskar burst out laughing at Swara's expression. But his laugh didn't last long because Swara threw flour again at him while laughing. The place was covered with flour as they kept chasing each other and threw more flour.

Sanskar finally manage to grabbed Swara's hand and pulled her waist from behind, threatening to rub flour on her face. When she screamed and struggled, they both fell to the floor in Sanskar's position above Swara. He trapped her between his hands and the floor, she was still laughing and panting. Seeing flour all over her face, he went to wipe it away. He looked into her eyes, liked how her eyes sparkled as she laughed.