Chapter 11

Happy Valentine'd day guys 🌹🌹Thank you guys for ur support on previous chapter. Lets continue this story and sorry for any gramatical error.

-------------

CHAPTER 11

Laksh Maheswari presses the intercom bell of his brother's apartment building and waits. No answer. He pressed the bell again. Still no answer.

"Where are they?" Laksh muttered.

He took out his cellphone and dialed Swara's number. He tried calling many times but she did not answer.

Maybe this time Swara being on the Little Steps, I'd better go there.

Laksh turned and went down the stairs. He wondered if Swara was fine, whether Sanskar treated her well. The last time Laksh saw them two weeks ago, at that time Sanskar was still furious and did not try to be friendly to Swara at all.

Laksh just stepped on the sidewalk when he saw Swara's pink VW Beetle slow down and stop across the street. Swara and Sanskar then got out of the car. Laksh noticed Sanskar's left hand no longer hung in front of his chest even though his wrist was still bandaged.

They crossed the street toward the apartment building, but still did not see that Laksh was standing there. Swara looked for something in her bag. She was too busy rummaging her bag searching for whatever she was looking for and the car's key slipped from her hand, fell to the ground. Sanskar bent and picked it up.

Laksh was stunned, then smiled thinly. Someone has change, he thought.

"You are really troublesome," Sanskar grunted as he handed Swara the car key.

"Hold it for a second," Swara said, still rummaging through her bag.

Sanskar sighed. "Don't say you lost my apartment key."

"I'm sure I put it in the bag. I'm sure ... Ah! This is it!" Swara looked up and showed the key triumphantly. At that moment she saw Laksh and her smile appeared. "Hi, Laksh!"

Sanskar turned around. "Oh, you have returned from Delhi."

Laksh smiled broadly at them, then his eyes fixed on Swara. "Hello, Swara." He didn't see Sanskar roll his eyes and shake his head slowly. "Where are you coming from?"

"We are just coming from hospital," Swara said. "Routine examination. Look, the doctor said his hand didn't need to be hung again."

Laksh turned towards his brother. "That's good news, Bhai."

"I still can't move my hand," Sanskar muttered flatly.

Laksh smiled while shaking his head. Then he turned his head to Swara. "I called you," he said. "But you didn't answer. I thought you were teaching."

"Owh, you were the one who called," Swara said while take out her cellphone from the bag. Swara glanced at Sanskar. "He stopped me from answering the phone while driving. Even though I'm ... "

"Of course you can't answer a call while driving," Sanskar cut.

"I always use speaker phones. I know I can't take calls while driving," Swara continued her words while glaring at Sanskar who glared back at her.

"Accha accha," Laksh interrupted cheerfully to prevent this Tom and Jerry's fight. "By the way, Swara, aren't you teaching today?"

Swara gasped and glanced at her watch. "Hey Bhagwan, I forgot. I have to go now." Then she looked at Laksh and smiled, "Fortunately you are here. You can accompany your bhai." She handed Laksh the apartment key.