Chapter 14

Hi guys 🙋 Thank you for your votes and comments on the previous chapter. I have health issues and have to rest. That's why I can't update my story. I am sorry for the delay. I hope you guys can understand. Now I'm fine and I'll give you a long update. Thank you very much for all your support for this story. Let's start it and happy reading 😊.

----------

Chapter 14

The faint sound of plates clinking made Swara awake. Her eyes opened and she looked around at her dark room. She reached out to the small table beside her bed and reached for the alarm clock.

Almost 06.00 AM.

That means she only had three hours of sleep. In fact, it doesn't take up to three hours. Swara got out of bed and walked toward the window. She opened the thick curtain and looked at the sky that was still dark. It's been two months that she can't sleep. She was tired, but could not sleep. Then yesterday she thought maybe she should stay at her parents' house in Pune. She thought she must be able to calm her mind for a moment in the house where she grew up, near her parents, and get proper sleep. But the results were the same. She still couldn't sleep well and even the slightest sound made her awake.

Last night she remembered she had slept soundly when she was in Sanskar's apartment after hearing his album. So she tried it, but until all the songs on the album were finished she still had difficulty falling asleep.

Will this insomnia continue? Should she take sleeping pills? She took a breath and her chest felt tight.

A faint sound that signaled activity in the kitchen downstairs made Swara relieved. Her Ma must be busy preparing breakfast in the kitchen, as she does every day for 32 years of marriage. Soon her Papa will wake up and join her Ma in the kitchen for breakfast together. Her parents had breakfast and dinner together every day. When she was still living here, Swara also always do the same thing. Breakfast and dinner together is always fun because they talk about interesting things.

Swara smiled faintly. She'd better go downstair if she wants to breakfast with her parents.

*****

(Guys, I have introduced Swara's parents in chapter 4, so I will use their names here. Sarah and Tony. Please don't be confused 😊)

Swara was helping her Ma prepare breakfast when her Papa appeared in the kitchen.

"Hello, Princess, did you sleep well last night?" asked Tony, kissing Swara's top of the head.

"Morning, Papa," Swara said, smiling broadly. "I sleep very well," she replied, not wanting to increase her parents' anxiety.

Tony cupped her cheek and observed her carefully. "Your eyes are a bit swollen," Tony murmured with furrowed brows. "How are you feeling this morning?"

"Oh, Papa," Swara said with a faint smile, "I'm fine. Don't worry. And I'll put cucumbers on my eyes. Okay?"

"You know your Papa, he is over protective," Sarah said, putting a plate of sandwiches on the round table at the middle of the kitchen.

"I know," Swara said. "And that's because Papa loves me."

Tony patted Swara's cheek. "That's right, Princess."

Swara grabbed a piece of sandwich and bit it. "Umm, your homemade sandwich is the best, Ma," she said.

"You're right, Princess, your Ma is the best," Tony said while winking his left eye.

"Can you both stop buttering me?" Sarah said while narrowing her eyes.

Tony and Swara looked at each other, then said in unison, "No!" Then simultaneously kissed Sarah's cheeks. Sarah rolled her eyes while Tony chuckled and Swara giggled.