[2] Stuck

"What the hell just happened?" I shout into the darkness, voice raw, and hands searching for an emergency button.

"Shit," Harry cursed under his breath, taking his phone out of his pocket and switching the flashlight on.

"Powers out. What do we do now?"

"Wait for help?" Harry suggested, sliding his back down the wall and sitting crossed legged.

I sigh and run a hand through my hair as I take a seat next to Harry. "Well how long are we going to be here?"

"I dunno." he shrugs his shoulders. I scoot a little closer to the light and lean my back against the cool wall.

How did I even get myself into this situation? I am sitting in a small elevator with someone I don't even know.

I blankly stare at the wall. "So Ariana, what's your story?" Harry breaks the silence.

"I'm not answering that." I say.

"Why not? Got a dirty little secret?" He teases.

"No," I firmly say.

"Bullshit,"

"It's called a secret for a reason."

He stares at me for a few seconds before a smug grin spreads across his face.

"I need a smoke," I say after a few beats of silence.

"You smoke?"

"Obviously." I tuck my hands into my jacket and let out a deep sigh.

My eyes flutter closed and I lay my head back against the cool wall. If I don't get out of here soon, I am going to break this damn elevator apart. I feel Harry eyes on me and I shift uncomfortably.

"Stop staring."

"I wasn't staring."

"I felt it, I'm not stupid."

Harry chuckles before pulling the collar of his white t-shirt and adjusting his loose shirt. A few dark small tattoos are sprinkled along his smooth tan skin, some of them quite beautiful, but most of them are very unnecessary. The muscles beneath his skin smoothly move with each and every motion he makes, stretching the inked skin back and forth.

"Oh I remember you!" Harry laughs. "You're the girl with no fears."

"Yeah, so what?" I blankly stare at him.

Harry laughs darkly, "It's just stupid. Everyone fears something, everyone."

"Well not me, not much." I shrug.

"Sure you're not," he retorts.

"What is that supposed to mean?"

"I mean, you just say that so people can get the 'bad girl' image of you," he uses finger quotes as he speaks.

I shoot to my feet and sigh, "No I don't, you don't know me at all, Harry. I am the way I am for a reason."

Harry opens his mouth to shoot a comeback at me, but quickly closes it as a loud bang startles us both.

The doors of the elevator shoot open, light spilling into the small area. A maintenance man and Jai stand out in the hall.

Harry huffs and grabs his phone from the ground, briskly walking out of the elevator without a word.

I follow behind, raking a hand through my hair.

"What the..." Jai's face is twisted in confusion.

"Don't." I warn, sending him a murderous glare. I don't feel like talking about anything that happened in that elevator.

I walk to my apartment with Jai trailing behind. I dig into my pocket and find my keys, before I unlock the door his voice makes me gasp, dropping my set of keys to the ground.

"You've got to be fucking kidding me," his voice is laced with venom.

Harry holds a furious expression on his face and I am pretty sure my jaw has dropped to the floor.

"Don't tell me you are my damn neighbor." Harry sighs, his shoulders slumping down. His eyes flutter closed and he rubs his temples.

"Trust me, baby, I'd want nothing more than to never to see you again." I say, unlocking my door before flipping him off and walking into the cold apartment.

I slip off my shoes and my leather jacket and slump down on the couch next to Jai.

"Who was that?" Jai's voice is thick and has a slight edge to it.

"Some asshole I met in the elevator." I scoff.

"So how did everyone find out that the elevator was broken in the first place?" I ask.

"Well, I tried calling you at first but you wouldn't pick up so I just decided to go to your place and when I got here I realized that the elevator was broken so I had to contact maintenance." Jai says as he pulls me to his lap. I lazily wrap my arms around his neck and press our foreheads together.

Even though Jai and I are just friends, I can't deny the sentimental feelings we have for each other. He cares for me and I do him. His warm lips pepper small sweet kisses down the edge of my jawline and his lips lightly graze over my collarbone. My hands get lost in his hair and I pull his lips back up to mine, he gives me one last passionate kiss before I disconnect our lips and climb off his lap.

"What's wrong?" Jai asked with a light blush in his cheeks.

"I think that's enough for now," I say, quickly pecking the bridge of his nose and he wraps his arm around the small of my back.

-

The cold air hits my flaming skin, my hair flying in all directions and the only thing I can see are the bright shining lights from above.

I place both of my arms over my head, taking in every detail of this beautiful night. Loud music plays in the background along with the familiar scent of burning cigarettes.

Besides from the blasting music and the laughing idiots behind me, I hear the heavy waves crashing onto the rocks, clinks of glass bottles and the slurred laughter of many drunken teenagers from miles away.

The speeding car comes to a stop and I hop out, my pumps clicking against the gravel beneath me.

-

i am going to wwa tomorrow which is v exciting ahh i am so excited yOU DONT KNOW HOW LONG I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS DAY I HOPE TOMORROW IS PERFECT :-)

thank you for reading!!