[21] Christmas Eve

Harry's POV.

I jolt awake from sleep as I hear heavy pounding at my door. My eyes shoot open as the knocking increases its pace, an annoyed groan escaping my lips as I swing my legs over my bed and stand to my feet. I drag myself over to the door and swing it open, not bothering to check who it is in the peephole. I rub my eyes with the back of my hands to clear my vision and I blink multiple of times before my vision clears and I see Niall standing on the opposite side of the door with a wide smile spread across his face.

"Hey man," Niall and I exchange a man hug as he walks into my apartment. "Are you alright?"

"Besides that I just woke up, I'm fine." I say as I make my way into the kitchen and begin to make some coffee. "Do you some coffee?"

"Nah, but thanks." Niall follows me into the kitchen and he shakes his head, some leftover snow falling out.

"So, why are you here this early?" I ask as nicely as possible. I find it strange how Niall is here this early, he was never really the one to wake up early and neither am I.

"Since it is Christmas Eve, I wanted to take you out to breakfast." Niall stuffs his hands into his pockets.

"Are you asking me out on a date?" I laugh, "Because if you are I would be more than flattered to date you, Niall, but it's too bad my heart belongs to my neighbor." I tease.

"Ha-ha," Niall sarcastically laughs. "You didn't let me finish. I was going to invite Ariana but I guess I'll let you fucking do it." He rolls his eyes.

"Deal."

"I want to go now though." Niall says.

"Okay, let me inform Ariana and let me get dressed."

.

Ariana's POV.

"Hey, babe." His deep voice rang through the phone.

"Hey," I say into the receiver.

"I miss you so damn much. I feel terrible for not calling you sooner, I lost my phone charger and my phone has been dead for days." Jai says.

"It's fine. I understand," I gulp down the rest of the black coffee in my hands and place the mug into the sink. "When are you coming back though?"

"I don't know, babe. Probably before the new year so we can celebrate it together." He says and I can mentally see him smiling over the line.

"That would be amazing." I smile.

I hear a couple of muffled shouts and high pitched squeals over the line and Jai says, "I gotta go. I- Ill text you later." Before I get to respond he hangs up the phone and I decide to ignore it.

"What the hell?" I sigh, tossing my phone onto my bed as I snuggle back into the sheets, the familiar warmth of the blankets taking over my senses as I flutter my eyes shut. A knock on my door brings me to my feet in seconds and I rush to the door in hope it is Harry. I swing the door open and Harry and Niall stand on the opposite side of it, wide smiles spread across their faces.

I run towards Harry and wrap my arms around his waist. Harry follows seconds after, he wraps his arms around my shoulders and I don't think it has never felt so good to be wrapped into somebody's arms.

"Good morning, Ari." Harry's voice is deep and smooth, as if he just woke up.

"Good morning, Harry." I squeeze him a bit tighter and Niall awkwardly coughs beside us. I disconnect from Harry and wrap my arms around Niall to pull him into a quick embrace.