~Chapter Sixteen~

It had been a couple days since Y/N got out of the cell.

She distanced herself from everyone. She tried her best to avoid the Prince's and Hae Soo as much as possible.

It was surprisingly easy to avoid them. With the palace being so big Y/N always managed to find a hiding space as the prince's walked by.

Y/N had a hard time avoiding Prince Wook and Hae Soo though. She lived with them so they were bound to run into each other.

Y/N just tried to make the time they spent speaking quick. She would usually nod and smile to something they were saying. Then she would continue to her room.

Today though seemed to be really hard to avoid the prince's. Everywhere Y/N turned one of the prince's would be there.

Y/N sighed in agitation as she made her way down to the lake. She was hoping that none of them would be there, and she could finally have some peace.

As she was walking down to the lake Yeonhwa's words once again popped into her head. "You'll always be second choice, they don't care about you."

Y/N shook her head. "Why do her words always come back into my head?" Y/N muttered.

The walk down to the lake was short and relatively quiet. She could hear animals and the wind blowing, but that was about it.

Y/N sat down by the lake and just stared out into it. It really was a beautiful spot. Some of the trees overhung into the lake, there were beautiful flowers all by the shore, the water was crystal blue.

As Y/N visited the lake more and more over the past couple days it quickly became one of her favourite places in the palace.

Y/N smiled and closed her eyes laying back into the grass, enjoying the sun.

She laid there for a good amount of time before she heard footsteps.

Y/N tensed. She really did not want to see anyone. "They really are everywhere today." She thought to herself.

She kept her eyes closed thinking that whoever it was would think she was sleeping and just continue on.

That didnt happen though. The steps grew closer, until she could hear someone sit down beside her.

"All of us have been looking for you Lady Myung Hee. We're all worried." It was Jung.

Y/N kept her eyes closed and her mouth shut. Causing Jung to sigh.

"Will you at least attend a gathering were having. Please." Jung begged.

Y/N slowly opened her eyes and stood up. She bowed to him. "Prince Jung." She greeted. "I'm sorry, but I do not deserve that invitation. I'm assuming that this gathering is for important people, and I am of no such importance." She told him.

Y/N stared at Prince Jung's shocked face. She smirked slightly. Bowing once again Y/N took her leave.

She walked up the small hill and back towards her room. Leaving Jung there by the lakeshore.

Y/N soon made it to her room. She could hear people running around gathering things and yelling orders. She assumed it was for the party the princes's were having.

Y/N sighed and sat down on her bed staring at her hands.

She didn't like acting cold and distant towards everyone, but she knew that she needed to do that to protect herself.

Everytime she thought of the princes's or Hae Soo, princess Yeonhwa's words rang through her head, and she couldn't stop thinking about them.

She didnt want to get hurt so she needed to pull away from them. Still it hurt a bit. She missed them.

As she was lost in her thoughts Y/N heard a knock on her door.

Not thinking much of it she got up to answer it. Thinking it was one of the maids or something.

As Y/N opened the door her eyes widened slightly as her mouth dropped open slightly. It was Baek Ah.

"Myung Hee. Jung told me that you weren't coming to our gathering. He even invited you to it."

Y/N quickly shut her mouth. She nodded along to what Baek Ah was saying.

"Why arent you coming? Jung said something about you not thinking that you were worthy of attending. Is that true?"

Y/N smiled. "Yes Prince Baek Ah. I do not believe I should be attending something that the princes's are planning. I'm not really all that important. Just a lady of a house. So please go enjoy your night with your brothers." She told him.

Baek Ah stared at her with the same look Jung had a couple hours earlier. Baek Ah soon became composed again.

"I am not leaving until you agree to join my brothers and I."

Y/N stared at Baek Ah and sighed. "Please I do not wish to have an argument with you prince Baek Ah."

Baek Ah crossed his arms. "Then don't. Come with me. Look, I dont know what is going on with you. We'll talk about that later, but please just come and enjoy a night with everyone."

Y/N looked up at him. "Look-"

"No. Let's go." Baek Ah said grabbing Y/N's arm and dragging her along.

Y/N struggled against him. "What are you doing? Let me go please." She said as she tugged her arm against his hold.

"I told you I wasn't leaving until you came with me."

It didnt take long for Y/N and Baek Ah to arrive at the gathering.

"I've brought Lady Myung Hee." Baek Ah said as he held her arm up in the air.

All of the prince's and Hae Soo turned to look at them.

Y/N tugged her arm out of Baek Ah's grasp. "I-I never said anything about coming here. You dragged me here!" She whispered at him.

Baek Ah smiled at her. "I know, but please just stay. Jung and Eun wouldn't stop complaining about how you weren't coming. Everyone else was disappointed too they just weren't as vocal about it. We all wanted you here Myung Hee. So please stay."

Y/N sighed softly. "Okay."

She turned to everyone and slowly raised her hand and waved. "Hey guys." She said softly.