Chapter 27: Seven Forever

It was the day before the debut evaluation...which also meant it was potentially GOT7's last practice together as 7. The entire time as the boys rehearsed their debut song "Girls Girls Girls" you could tell that they were trying hard enough so that they looked impressive and the choreography was crisp, but they also held back a little bit, just enough so that their other members also had a shot at making the group. They were doing their best to reflect their chemistry and teamwork as seven. The mood was dreary and sad. All seven boys barely spoke. The practice seemed to consist of nothing but rehearse, rest, and repeat. The seven boys sat in front of the mirror, dripping in sweat, huffing, and puffing but in complete silence. After the final run through of "Girls Girls Girls", Jaebum, who basically stepped up as the group's leader, took a look in the mirror seeing all seven of them. It seemed complete and perfect with all seven of them together, and it was so frustrating and upsetting to think that one of them would be taken away. He finally decided to open his mouth and say something about the impending doom.

"You have no idea how frustrated I am...how sad it makes me...how broken I feel when I look at us and only picture six of us debuting," he solemnly spoke.

Jinyoung was the next to voice his opinion on the matter at hand. "I never thought that when we became trainees together, that I would get this close to all of you. I can't see myself debuting without all of you."

Youngjae also added his two cents. "The company is so stupid for doing this to us. I just...want to be with all of you when I debut," he whined.

Bambam spoke up next. "Can't the company just change their minds? This isn't fair to us. We worked so hard, as seven, to get to this point...now they only want six? When will our trials and tribulations end?"

The group turned to a sniffling Yugyeom. "All I've looked forward to since I became a trainee was debuting. Then after we all practiced and worked together I just wanted to debut with all of you...as seven. This isn't fair, you've all taken such good care of me as our youngest," he cried before being comforted by Bambam.

The group turned towards Mark...obviously a cue that it was his turn to speak. He took a deep breath before speaking. "When I walked into this process I knew that I would learn a lot and I was one step closer to my debut. I knew I had three great friends already," he sighed making eye contact with JB, Youngjae, and Yugyeom. 

"But what I didn't know is that I would make seven lifelong friends who I adore more than anything. I've learned so much and I've improved my skills so much because of all of you. We helped each other get better and make it to this point. It's really hard for me to look at the seven us and smile because all I can think about is how we're all not going to get to debut with each other...all together. I don't mean to sound selfish but I feel like I'm struggling the most with this whole situation. Along with six ride or die friends...I never expected to get an amazing boyfriend from this entire process...but I did. I want to be by his side, and all of your sides, forever but because of the company...it just might not happen." Jackson looked down feeling sad after Mark said this. 

"It's really hard for me to try and look on the bright side of this...if there is one, especially since I might be the one left out. I know I'm lacking in a lot of my s-skills," Mark began to stutter as he started tearing up. "But I guess what I'm really trying to say...in sh-short is that I'm devastated that we can't all be together, and I'm even more devastated that once things seem to start looking up...something has to come along and ruin them," Mark sadly confessed, wiping the tears from his eyes.

Jackson compassionately looked at his teary-eyed boyfriend. His words really touched him. He knew how important debuting was to Mark and wanted to make sure Mark had the best chance of debuting. More importantly, Jackson didn't want to be the one holding Mark back from debuting. Finishing out the group, Jackson began to speak. "You've all changed my life so much. Before we became a group I was so cocky, arrogant, rude and loudly annoying. I probably still I am but I've definitely changed for the better because of you guys. I love all of you so much...especially you Mark. I really want all of you to debut," the seven boys emotionally smiled at their Wang puppy Jackson. He had been contemplating this earlier, but his friends' words only solidified his decision. 

"So tomorrow at the evaluation...I will be volunteering to back out of the group so that you can all debut." The other members all gasped at Jackson's sudden announcement, barely able to process what he said let alone speak. Jackson didn't give them the time though, simply grabbing his things and leaving the practice room with a sad smile. "We'll always be seven even if I'm not with you guys," he calmly said leaving the room in a quiet manner. The members didn't think this was the right decision, but Jackson did. He cared too much for his members, he was more loving, more compassionate and understanding now...and it was all because of Mark. If you wanted proof Jackson was a changed person, this was the perfect example.

Back at the dorm, the members were distraught but Jackson didn't even give them a chance to further discuss the manner. He shushed them, avoided them or pushed them away until they stopped talking about his decision. Mark was the last to see Jackson. He approached his boyfriend, who was sitting on the couch, looking sad. He tried to speak but could only cry. He began to sob harder and harder until he just fell into Jackson's embrace. "Shhh don't cry," Jackson cooed, pressing a soft kiss to Mark's temple. "Let's enjoy the time we have while we can." 

Mark cried more and more hugging Jackson tighter and never wanting to let go. He wanted to yell, scream in fact. He wanted to be so mad at Jackson, but he just couldn't. He loved him too much. Now that he knew Jackson wouldn't be in the group Mark couldn't even control his emotions. 

"I love you so much...that's why I'm doing this okay? I love all of you. Do it for me and debut. Don't let me stand in your way. No matter what happens I'm still going to love you. And I'll always love you ...endlessly." Mark hugged Jackson as tight as he could. 

"I--I lov--love you too," he stuttered in between sobs, moving even closer to Jackson, not wanting to leave any space between them. They shared a quick kiss before Mark went back to crying on Jackson's shoulder. Mark's top dream was to debut, but it was in this moment he realized that his dream might have changed and was just something a little...different.

______________________________________________________________________________

Sad chapter but sweet Jackson >o< Only three more chapters and the epilogue left! I really wasn't digging this story until the later half so I hope you guys like it too! :)