Chapter 28: Revelations

It was the day of the debut evaluation, and all seven boys in GOT7 were dreading it. The boys entered Practice Room 7, which was basically like a second home to them now. After a few minutes their dance instructor, along with a few other company executives entered the room. "Good morning. Let's get into position," the instructor commanded. 

"Excuse me but," Jackson tried to speak to the instructor as the seven boys lined up in position for "Girls Girls Girls". 

"Not now Jackson just line up," the instructor insisted. 

"It's important." The instructor sighed and shook his head. 

"Let's run through 'Girls Girls Girls' first please then we can talk." Jackson sighed in defeat before going to his position. He made brief eye contact with Mark both looking away in sadness, realizing that this could potentially be the last time they ever perform with one another.

The song began and the seven boys began performing, judgemental eyes of the executives watching their every move and every action carefully. Each of the members performed their parts as best as they could, making sure the judges saw their charms. The performance ended before they even realized it. They stood in front of the panel huffing and puffing just as it was months ago when they auditioned to become trainees, hoping their chemistry as seven would shine through. "The seven of you worked very hard to get this point," their dance instructor began to say. Suddenly Jackson stepped up to the front, raising his hand. "Yes, Jackson? You may speak." 

"Instructor I want to announce that I have decided to give up my place as a mem--"

"NO!" a loud voice suddenly cried out. Everyone turned to face the voice, realizing it was Mark. Mark couldn't let Jackson do this. He would the worst boyfriend ever. As he said ages ago, Jackson deserved a happy ending too. Mark knew what he had to do.

"Don't listen to Jackson please," he insisted. "Jackson is just trying to make sure I'm able to live out my dream. If I were to let him give up on his dream of debuting just for me...then I would be the most selfish person ever. He deserves this chance and I don't want to be the one to take that from him..." Jackson sadly looked at Mark. 

"What are you trying to say Mark?" their instructor asked. 

"I'm--I'm giving up my place in this group. If I let him go through with this...what kind of boyfriend would I be," Mark sadly said. Everyone gasped realizing what he had said. Mark too was shocked at what he said, but then he just sadly smiled realizing that his sudden revelation would only make losing his spot in the group easier. "I love Jackson and I don't want to be the one to take this chance away from him. My dream was to debut...but after being with him I realized my new dream is just to support Jackson and be the best boyfriend I can to him, even if it means giving up on debuting. Ideally I'd love to debut all of us together, but clearly, that's out of the discussion now. So please just let him debut and help my new dream come true. I'll give my place up in this group. Just please let my six members debut."

A silence filled the room so quiet you could hear a pin drop. The silence spoke volumes and the members sweat not only from their performance but out of nervousness. Finally one of the head executives stood up. "On the basis of what Mark just said. He will not be a member of our new boy group. Other than voluntarily giving his spot up in the group, dating is especially not tolerated with our trainees. The group will debut as six." Mark closed his eyes and looked down with a sad smile realizing he wouldn't be debuting. 

The members dropped all started crying uncontrollably, Jackson sunk to his knees, the tears from his eyes flowing uncontrollably. "No! Please no!" he yelled. 

"Our decision is final," the executive said to the heartbroken boys. They stood up, looking coldly and began to pack their things.

"Not so fast," a voice suddenly cried out, entering the somber and heartbroken room. Everyone turned to see who walked in, gasping in awe at the two people who just walked in.

________________________________________________________________________________

THE DRAMA! HAS HIT ITS CLIMAX!! What do you guys think of Mark in this moment? Who do you think the voice is? I think it's pretty obvious...but keep reading to find out I guess.