Chapter 30: The Debut

It was January 20, 2014, and the Internet exploded at GOT7's official debut with "Girls Girls Girls". Their album and the song itself climbed charts not only in Korea but worldwide. The video garnered millions of views. It was one of the most highly anticipated debuts in a while. The success GOT7 achieved made JYP extremely proud of his decision to debut the seven boys together. All seven boys were shocked at their success, to say the least, but were happy all their hard work to debut was finally paying off.

The boys were backstage at M!Countdown waiting for their music show debut performance of "Girls Girls Girls". Their worldwide TV debut caused them to fill a mix of emotions. Happiness, nervousness, anxiety, stress, euphoria. Finishing up their styling and preparations, the boys soaked in the moment and reflected on their journey to get to this point.

JB sighed a thin smile forming on his lips. "I'm so proud of all of us. Our hard work really paid off," he proudly stated. JB was the group's leader and arguably was the glue of the group. He was the best leader anyone could ask for. He always resolved GOT7's conflicts, gave them a shoulder to lean on and was their pillar of strength. His strong leadership wasn't a surprise considering he's always been like this. JB's strong leadership is what makes him different.

Jinyoung grinned in satisfaction. "There have been plenty of ups and downs...but look at where it's led us. We've worked hard but let's work even harder now." Jinyoung grew to be GOT7's mom. His nurturing nature was something the group loved and heavily relied on. He always offers the best advice and constantly checks on the members to make sure they are okay. His compassion is what makes him different.

Youngjae wiped a few tears as he finished getting his hair done. Always the emotional one Youngjae worked just as hard behind the scenes of GOT7. Much of the album production and mastering of their songs were done with Youngjae's help. He had a strong desire to make sure everything was perfect for his friends and was hoping to one day have some of his own music on one of GOT7's albums. His perfectionism and creativity are what makes him different.

Bambam joked around backstage as always. The group's happy virus always knew how to make his members laugh and have fun. But once this boy is on stage he was a completely different person. His charisma and stage presence is no joke and the group's personality would definitely be different without his fun-loving self. Bambam's personality is what makes him different.

Yugyeom was stretching as always to make sure he was loose as possible before the boys' live debut performance. Yugyeom was quickly running through "Girls Girls Girls" over and over again making sure he remembered every move perfectly, even though they had practiced the song a million times. Yugyeom on the stage captivated everyone. His fluid moves and powerful dances left everyone in awe. His passion and power always made great performances. Yugyeom's passion on stage is what makes him different.

"Where did Mark go?" Jackson suddenly asked getting up from the stylist's chair. The stylist grunting and clicking her teeth in annoyance. "I wasn't done, Jackson. Sit down." 

Most of the boys shrugged, except Jaebum of course. The all-seeing, responsible leader chuckled, pointing to the side of their large dressing room, which was separated with a thick curtain. "He went in there. I think he's nervous," he grinned. 

Jackson shook his head with a thin smile rubbing his temple as he walked towards the curtain. The stylist rolled her eyes. "I wasn't done with you yet!" Jackson ignored her, walking behind the curtain without hesitation.

There stood Mark pacing back and forth nervously staring up at the ceiling, rubbing his hands together. "Markiepooh," Jackson affectionately called. "Are you nervous?" 

"Gaga...of course I'm nervous. It's our first TV performance! I could mess up! I could forget my lines! I could look awkward! I could get hurt! I could--" Jackson wrapped his strong arms around Mark. 

"You worry too much babe." Mark eased into his boyfriend's arms, wrapping his own tenderly around Jackson. 

"You have all these fans supporting you. You have your family back home supporting you. The other members are supporting you. I'm supporting you. Who cares if you mess up...which you won't." Jackson grabbed Mark's hand. Their promise rings on their ring fingers instantly stuck together. The magnet feature between their rings was a cute touch Jackson wanted to add because of his and Mark's relationship. "I'll always come back to you remember? Mess up or not I'll always support and love you because you're my Mark. I love you."

Mark looked at the inscription on their rings and his face lit up with a big smile. Jackson always knew how to make his worries disappear. "I love you too." Mark wrapped his arms around Jackson's neck pulling him into a sweet kiss. The kiss lasted a long time, both pouring all of their emotions into it. Mark pulled away first needing to catch his breath. Jackson instantly attacked his face with dozens of sweet pecks much to Mark's chagrin. "Stop idiot!" he said while laughing.

"Let's go lovebirds! We're on next and the stylist is still bitching she's not done with Jackson! Hurry up!" the rest of GOT7 called. Mark and Jackson looked into each other's eyes with a deep love for each other. Jackson held his hand out to which Mark firmly grasped, intertwining their fingers tightly. "Good luck babe," Jackson said.

"With you...I won't need any luck," Mark confidently stated. The two confidently joined the rest of their members as they prepared to finally take the stage and the entire world by storm. It had happened. GOT7 debuted.

_______________________________________________________________________________

I freaking love Markson. Like this book really my heart omfg. Did you like the promise ring idea? Part of me is like omg UWu and the other part is like lmfao that shit stupid. Next chapter is the FINALE to this story! I can't believe it!!! AHHHH! So what are you waiting for? GO READ THE FINALE! :)