Chapter 17: Late Night Confessions

That night Jackson laid in bed restless, as Bambam sat on the top bunk fiddling through social media. Jackson had been thinking about telling Bambam something. And the more and more the idea brewed in his head, the more and more he realized, he had to tell Bambam for his own sake. "Bambam...I need to talk to you about something," Jackson suddenly said to his friend. 

"Oh. 'Sup Jackson?" Bambam nonchalantly replied peeking down at Jackson from the top bunk. 

"I---well you see..." Jackson climbed to the top bunk and sat across Bambam. He pushed his phone down so Bambam was looking straight into his eyes. "This is serious. And please don't laugh at me." 

Bambam rolled his eyes. "I won't. Come on out with it already."

Jackson inhaled and took a deep breath. "I like Mark." 

Bambam blinked and showed no reaction. "Well, thanks Captain Obvious. I think that's pretty clear. You're so nice to him now and you two are really good friends. Everyone can see it. I'm glad you two are getting along now," Bambam replied before bringing his phone back to his face. 

Jackson inhaled again taking a breath and pushed Bambam's phone down again. "No. I like...like him. As in I have a crush on Mark," he said, burying his hands into his face. The mighty, tough Jackson Wang was embarrassed. A rare sight, even for his best friend Bambam.

Bambam blankly stared at the Chinese male. "Wait...you're being serious? You're not doing this as like a sick joke?" 

Jackson nodded his head strongly. "I'm 100% serious about this...and I'm 100% crazy about him." 

Bambam threw his phone in the air, a wide smile painting itself across his face. He hugged his friend. "Jackson that's great! You haven't had a crush on anyone in forever!" Bambam knew all about his best friend's tough childhood and stuck by his side since the two met at JYP Academy. 

"My dude you have to go for it!" Bambam cried out. 

Jackson sighed and placed his hand on his neck. "I'm not sure Bam, I'm not sure if he--" 

"Jackson don't be an idiot. He clearly likes you back! JB and I have been slowly putting it together. The two of you have lots of chemistry! You should Mark's face everytime the two of you are together." Jackson rubbed his forehead. "Aish that's so embarrassing. Even JB noticed?"

Bambam chuckled. "Yes. It's so obvious he likes you back. Just go for it. The trainers said we can't date any girls yet, but they never said we couldn't date any guys...let alone each other," Bambam smirked. "Besides the two of you together will probably only improve our group dynamic. Take a chance Jackson and go for it." Jackson high fived his best friend before pulling him into a bro hug. "Thanks, Bam. I feel a bit better now."

Meanwhile elsewhere...

Mark and JB were sitting in their room, both on their phones. A heavy silence filled the room. The two hadn't talked much since JB tried to probe into Mark and Jackson's relationship. Admittedly Mark missed his best friend, and he realized it was finally time to clear the air and also come clean about his feelings.

"JB are you still awake?" Mark hesitated.

"Sure am," he yelled out. 

"Could you come here for a second?" Mark asked. JB went down to Mark's bed and sat across from him. He had a serious expression painted on his face, definitely annoyed that he and Mark had gotten a bit distant since Mark started hitting it off with Jackson.

"I'm sorry," Mark somberly said. 

The sudden apology caused JB to look up, breaking his firm expression and showing a bit more concern. "I'm sorry I was so rude to you when you asked about Jackson and I. Honestly I didn't know if you were jealous, but I was still trying to figure out my relationship with him. We got close really fast," Mark began to open up. JB nodded. "I knew we'd become friends. But there was more. I--I wasn't ready to admit it so when you brought it up I got annoyed. But Jaebum I'm sorry. Don't be mad at me." 

"I'm not mad," Jaebum said back placing his hand on Mark's shoulder. He might've been annoyed but JB could never stay mad at Mark. The two had been through too much together.

"Thank goodness...and JB...I--I like him." JB furrowed his brow. "I like Jackson Wang," Mark confessed, embarrassment written all over his face.

JB hugged his friend. "That's okay. I'm glad. You deserve love and happiness." 

Mark hugged his friend back. "Thanks for understanding." JB patted Mark's back. "You should tell him. I'm pretty sure he likes you back. If you saw his face everytime you were together, or how he talks about you...you'd definitely understand." 

"We'll see 'Bum. I'll sleep on it. Good night." Mark laid down and shut his eyes, he didn't sleep instantly though. He entered his thoughts...which wasn't always a good thing. Did he want to be Jackson's boyfriend? Of course...in a heartbeat. However, part of Mark filled him with concern. What if he started to annoy Jackson? What if Jackson thought he was weird? What if Jackson didn't like Mark like that? What if Jackson started to hate Mark again? What if...they were too different? Mark was overwhelmed by all of this and as much as he tried to remain positive and push these thoughts out of his head...he couldn't. He clutched his pillow tightly before drifting off to dreamland worried and full of fear.

As JB settled into bed he was also deep in thought. Except he was feeling much different. He was happy he had cleared the air with his best friend. He was also hoping now, that Mark and Jackson would work out. Admittedly Jackson made Mark a genuinely happier person and completed a part of him. JB noticed how much brighter, happier and energetic Mark has been, and that made him happy. He also knew that happier Jackson and Mark meant a happier group in general. "Please please please universe...let them work out," he muttered before drifting off to dreamland.

________________________________________________________________________________

Hi bbs...missed you all. Things are heating up for Markson. Hold on to your wigs the next chapter is a rollercoaster. :) Hope you're enjoying the story! I'm starting to like it now, hope you are too. Also can we note how good Mark looks in the chapter's picture...like BIG OOF!  Keep commenting and voting I love interacting with you all! See you soon. <3