Chapter 15

The next morning, I woke up to the sound of the doorbell ringing. "Shawn, go get the door!" My dad yelled from the basement. I groaned and tore off my covers. I gave myself one glance in the mirror, running a hand through my disheveled hair and smoothing out my briefs. I trudged downstairs and opened the door. The bright sun blinded my eyes. "Hi," the person said. I squinted and recognized JT. "Oh jeez," I replied. "How can I help you?"
    "Can we please talk?" JT asked. I had forgotten that I was practically naked until I noticed JT looking up and down my body. "No," I blushed and quickly closed the door. I put my back up against the door, breathing heavily.
    Suddenly, I felt the edge of something against my ankle from under the door. I looked down and saw a letter. I picked it up and opened the door, but JT was gone.
I walked back up to my room and opened the envelope. Inside, there was a letter and a picture. I read the letter first.

Shawn,
Gosh, there are so many things I want to say to you. But, I first want to say that I'm sorry. I'm sorry that we said mean things to each other. I'm sorry I shut you out. I'm sorry I embarrassed you. I'm sorry you saw me in my worst element. But, I'm not sorry that I love you. I love you more than I've loved anyone, girl or boy, ever. You may think right now that that isn't true, but it is. God, I love you. I love your personality, your body, your smarts, everything. I don't care what anyone else says, but I want you back and I want everyone to know. Think about it, Shawn. Let me know. Just know one thing...
I love you.
JT.

    I finished reading the letter and set it on the bed. I laid back and put my head on the pillow. "I love you too," I whispered.

        Later that day...

    I drove intensely to the gazebo where I was going to meet JT. Last time, he had texted me. This time, I reached out to him. I pulled into the lot and didn't see his car. A worried frown crossed my face but I shook it off. I exited my car and walked to the gazebo. I walked up the steps and sat on the little bench on the other side.
    Ten minutes had past and I was starting to think JT wasn't going to come. Just then, a beautiful boy in a sweatshirt and khakis walked up to me. "Hi," he smiled.
    "Hi," I replied, staring into his eyes.
    "Nice to meet you," he said. "I'm JT."
    "I'm Shawn," I answered. "And I love you."
    "I love you, too."
    We embraced and he pressed his lips to mine. A warm and fuzzy feeling filled my stomach and my heart flipped a million times. This is was I wanted.. and I had gotten it. I loved this boy with all my heart.

    And for the first time in a long time, I fully knew that he loved me too.