Chapter 7

I got back into my car, tears still streaming from my eyes. I leaned my head against the steering wheel, asking myself why. Why would I cheat on JT? He was the best thing that had ever happened to me and I ruined it. I turned on the engine and backed out of the driveway. I started driving with tears still flooding out of my eyes. The tears were blurring my vision, but I didn't care. I just needed to get home and into my bed.
I continued driving down the highway, trees and other cars whizzing past. It was starting to rain, making my visibility worse than it already was from the tears. I went to change lanes, but the tears in my eyes had blocked me from seeing another car drive past. I spun the wheel in the opposite direction, swerving off the road and into a ditch. All I remember was a crash, it getting really hot, then black.

I woke up, blinking myself back into consciousness. The ceiling was white, with two bright lights shining right into my eyes. "Ow," I groaned, shielding my eyes. "Where am I?"
Then, a lady in a nurse's outfit walked in with a tray of food. "Oh good, you're awake," she said. She swiftly placed the tray on the table and ran out of the room. Following her back in was the doctor, Mayley, Alison, and Austin. "Oh my god, are you alright?" Alison asked, rushing over to hug me.
"Be careful," the doctor said. "He suffered a broken rib, a broken arm, and a major concussion." Alison gingerly wrapped her arms around me in a makeshift hug. "I was so worried," she said. "When Mayley called me, I freaked out." I looked over at Mayley, "how did you know?"
"I was driving to JT's when I saw your car in a ditch. I called 9-1-1 as soon as I saw it."
"Thanks," I gushed.
I looked over at Austin. "Hi," I muttered.
"Hi," he said, walking over and grabbing my hand. I glanced at Mayley and she just looked down. I looked over at Alison next. She had a look of shock on her face as she stared at my hand intertwined with Austin's. I quickly let go, sliding my hand under the blanket. "What's going on here?" She asked, looking for an answer. Mayley was still looking down and Austin blushed. "She doesn't know?" He whispered. I shot him a look that said, "SHUT UP," but it was too late. "What don't I know?" Alison asked, the heat rising to her cheeks.
"Alison," I started. "I'm... I'm gay." I stuttered.
Her eyes widened. "And you never thought to tell me?"
"I was going to, I swear," I said. "I just never got around to it."
"So, I'm the last one to know?" She looked over at Mayley. "Did you know?"
Mayley nodded. Alison looked back at me. "And you're dating Austin?"
"NO." I practically shouted. "I am.. I mean...was dating JT."
"And you didn't think to tell me ANY of this?" Her voice rose. "I'm out of here." She briskly exited the room, tears forming in her eyes.
"Alison!" I shouted after her, shooting up in the hospital bed. I winced in pain and Austin laid me back down. "Don't hurt yourself," he said.
"Oh my god," I cried. "I've ruined three great things in one day. First JT, then Mayley, and now Alison."
"Shawn," Mayley started. "I forgive you. I know you didn't mean to hurt JT the way you did. Just...be more careful."
Then, I lost it.
"Thank you Mayley," I said. "I love you."
"Love you too, bitch."
I laughed behind the tears.
Suddenly, another person ran into the room. It was JT. He stood at the doorway though, glaring at Austin. "What's he doing here?" He growled.
"JT. Calm down," Mayley said. Then, JT leaped at Austin, throwing him against the ground. "STOP!" Mayley and I shouted. She tried to stop the fight, but she couldn't. The boys kept going at it. Austin threw a punch at JT and JT reciprocated. 
"STOP!" I screamed. "Both of you, get out! I just can't handle this right now." Austin and JT stopped fighting and kept staring at me. JT rolled his eyes. "Whatever," he snapped, leaving the room. My heart broke into a million pieces when he said that. He didn't care about me anymore. He and I were over for sure. Austin left a few seconds later, not saying a word. I laid back into my bed, Mayley sitting next to me. I was just starting to relax until I heard more yelling from outside the room. "You stole him from me!" I heard JT yell.
"Clearly, he never loved you in the first place!" Austin countered. Then, I heard the words that destroyed me. "Fine, you can have him," JT said. "Tell him that he and I are done."
Mayley looked at me with pain in her eyes. "I'm so sorry," she said. I didn't reply. I just laid my head back and closed my eyes.
"It's over," I said. "And there's nothing I can do to fix it."