Chapter 27

~Maxon's POV~

I sit in the booth in the back of the restaurant, keeping my head down, but waiting impatiently for the arrival of the red-headed beauty. My foot taps on the floor repeatedly, and I check my watch again to see what time it was. 7:29. I huff. How much time do woman need to get ready for a simple dinner? Apparently a lifetime.

Finally, when I start to get a little annoyed, the bell at the door rings, signaling someone has just entered, and I eagerly turn my head towards it. I sigh, relieved, when I notice her in a puffy coat, the hoodie up. Even with the hoodie on, I would be able to know those blue eyes from anywhere. She locks eyes with me for a second, and I hold her gaze. Her face is emotionless, reminding me of the face I put on in public, or when I'm on the report. I guess she forgot I can still read her like a book. That her eyes will always give her away. They bounce around the room, wide and I can tell she's nervous. She finally makes her way over to me, and now it's my turn to be nervous.

I turn away from her for a second, and give myself a little pep talk. Okay Maxon, this is just a casual meet up. You're just going to have a nice little friendly chat. Like old times. I scoff at myself, knowing this isn't just a 'casual meet up'. For all I know, this night can go extremely wrong. Knowing America's temper, anything could happen. I turn back to where America was approaching, and I take a deep breath. Time's up.

Once she gets closer, she takes off her coat, and I am immediately blown away. I feel my mouth gape open, but I let it, because my eyes are too busy raking in her beauty. She was wearing a deep red, almost burgundy dress that fit her like a glove, showcasing all of her curves. It's top was a v neck that went to the dip of her bust making me think all sorts of things that I should be embarassed about, but I'm not. The dress, to top it off, only went to the top of her knees, and barley making that, giving me an amazing glimpse of those long, toned luscious legs that I yearned to have wrapped around me. The only thing redeeming this dress from being thotish was its long sleeves, that also clung to her. I inwardly groan. She was making this so hard not to grab her up right now, pin her on this table and have my way with her. Lord, I pray for strength.

She clears her throat, getting me out of my lustful haze, leaving me a little embarrassed and red. I instantly hop out of my seat, and take her hand in mine, and kiss it, just out of habit. She blushes a little when I do so, making me smirk a tiny bit. I take her coat that is currently resting in her arm, and put it on the back of her seat.

"America, you look absolutely breathtaking." I tell her as I lead her to her seat, and then sit back down in mine. She looks down, I guess flustered. She looks back up at me eventually, and I'm met with that jawdroping face of hers to look at.

Her firey red hair is curled in huge locs, falling effortlessly all over her shoulders, and matching so well with the equally red dress. I look at her face, and it makes me remember just how much I adore her when I see there isn't an inkling of make up on her. That's what makes her perfect. She doesn't care that much about her appearance, which makes her ten times prettier than any other girl in Illea. She doesn't need contacts to get those captivating icy blue eyes. She doesn't need contour or blush to get those full and rosy cheeks. She doesn't need lip filler to get those perfectly plumped lips, and she doesn't need a make up pencil to have those adorable freckles.

"Thank you Maxon, you don't look to bad yourself." She replies lightly back, and my shoulders clench less at her comment. I will always yearn to have this woman's approval. I throw her a big smile, and she half way returns it. Progress.

"I was starting to get a little worried you were going to stood me up for a second. Talk about fashionably late." I say teasingly, and she rolls her eyes playfully.