Chapter 22

>Taehyung POV<

I was very cautious despite my strength and powers given from my baby to see beyond that of my ordinary 'human' like eyes.

I tried opening the door that held me in this disgusting bland room, of course it was locked how could I forget.

I didn't pick up any heat signatures.

Good. We are getting somewhere. I smiled down at my tummy.

We'll be alright, don't worry. Daddy will be here soon too, and all his friends and family. Soon you'll meet mine too.

In the meantime we just have to hang on. Just you and me.

The little growth was about the size of a raisin. But still there, still mine. A miracle.

Who knew you could get pregnant during your period. Not Jungkook. But it was definitely an odd occurrence that a was anticipating a little later in my life with Jungkook.

Walking down the long spacious corridor that never seemed to end, I saw an elevator and a white stairwell not too far from it.

I skimmed through my options.
I could go to the elevator and take my chances in getting caught by someone. I could go down the luxurious stairwell. Lastly, I could continue wondering around trying to find another way out that wasn't as obvious as the other two options.

I thought for a good minute, making sure to check my surroundings for the monsters casually walking the boring black halls for easy prey.

The stairwell. Although it is a little open, many people nowadays would opt for a much easier solution to get from place to place such as, an elevator.

I tiptoed down the silky white encrusted stairs with my purple fur gleaming in the light off the chandelier above.

After the 37th flight of stairs I was tired. My vision became obscured, my body was feeling weary and used.

I need a break. I huffed, trying to catch my breath.

Closing my eyes for a minute or two shouldn't hurt.

My eyelashes fell against my face.

Sleep devouring me whole.

What felt like a minute or two turned into half an hour.

A loud bang woke me from my nap.

"WHERE IS HE?!" I heard the anger in Jaebum's voice. How could I hear him from this flight was the question. Shit.
I gotta move.

All of a sudden my heart beated rapidly my paws moving faster than the speed of light and my head pounding with the fear of being found.

Thump. Thump. Thump.

My paws banged against the staircase steps as I descended level from level.

I didn't even pay attention to myself only the sound of the shouts and feet slamming against surfaces interested me.

Finally.

I reached the last level.

What was it? 67? 89? 900 levels? Must have been, I can't feel my legs, my lungs feel like they are going to burn and turn into a beautiful pool of lava, and my stomach pounded with signs of life giving me hope and determination to continue my tiring journey to the exit.

The double doors. Only a few steps away. The everlasting blue from the sky lighted my path. Encouraging me to get outside, safety was a virtue.

Then I remembered.