Danzo Of the Root

'Forbidden Jutsu: Chakra net!' I trapped them with my almost impenetrable chakra net, but I knew they would find a way out given time. I created three shadow clones to keep them busy when they escape and went to find Sasuke.

Seems like even the Mizukage isn't worthy after all.

A lot had been going on. I froze when I saw a purple Susanoo. SINCE WHEN DOES SASUKE HAVE SUSANOO?!!! WHY DIDN'T HE TELL ME???!!!

I shook off my shock and anger and went to help him. Both the Raikage and the Tuchikage were fighting him, and the Tuchikage had some sort of weird atomic dismembering Jutsu, which Sasuke had to dodge every time, and it had to wear him out. Blood was running down from his right eye, from when he had either activated Susanoo or Amaterasu, or both.

The Raikage had gathered his chakra all around him, like a cloak. It was a pretty good shield. I saw his severed right arm, and his speed. Man, there are a lot of fast people around here.

Their fight had moved to the main entrance hall where we had first hidden behind pillars, making our way to the ledge. Karin better be hiding there when we need to leave, or I will literally put her in a chakra net and leave the Kage to do whatever pleases them with her. What do you expect? She is annoying.

I hid behind one of the pillars ad watched Sasuke. Well, maybe he isn't so weak after all. He was handling both the Raikage and the Tuchikage. Suddenly Jugo and Suigetsu joined the fight. 

****

Jugo had gone completely off the hook, because he had released all the power of the curse mark and gone on a death spree.  He aimed a punch to the Raikage's face but the Raikage easily dodged. Suigetsu tried to get him from behind but the Tsuchikage intercepted before he could.

The Raikage continuously tried to get to Sasuke and both Jugo and Suigetsu were always blocking him. Sasuke had a less than half formed Susanoo around him so when the Raikage  finally got past Jugo and attacked, it struck the rib of the Susanoo and it cracked. I scoffed. It was extremely hard to get through a Susanoo even for a Kage. The idiot should've aimed for the space between the rib, not the rib. Huh!

Just then Sasuke started Amaterasu. He had tried to light it on the Raikage's body but he was too fast and it got on his arm instead. So the Raikage chopped off his arm till the elbow and called one of his guards to heal him (I know that might've been gross for you non-chakra users but ...you know...better feel gross than die)

The Raikage had retreated and so had the Tsuchikage. That means Sasuke could catch his breath for now but just then Gaara entered. Hooray! I know he wasn't so lucky. Gaara launched into this whole speech about how it was revenge blocking Sasuke's right judgement and how hatred was taking over his life. Sasuke replied in his usual smug way even though he had put his Susanoo off now. I knew he didn't stand a chance against Gaara's ultimate defense.

Sasuke must've known it too because as soon as Gaara attacked he shot a meaningful glare in my direction. Only then did I realise that I had been standing motionless for the whole fight. But I know I wasn't going to fight Gaara so I did the right thing.

I just teleported Sasuke and me outta there faster than Gaara's chakra-infused sand could even leave his gourd.

****

Sasuke collapsed under a tree panting . I looked around. We were at the outskirts of the land of the Samurai again. Ok well. I looked around and realised that Jugo, Karin and Suigetsu were not with us. Oh well. I was sure that Jugo and Suigetsu could manage but Karin definitely would be dead or captured. But for now we had more important matters at hand.

'Come on, Sasuke' I said. 'Danzo, can't be far now. I'll heal you and then we should get going, if you ever plan on killing him. If he reaches the borders of the Land of Fire, he's safe. So, we'd better move."

I quickly healed Sasuke and we got going. We couldn't risk teleporting in case we missed Danzo. Having Neji and his Byakugan would be really useful about now.

We soon came around a scene where a fight had occured not long ago. Moving on , we found the dead bodies of Danzo's guards. Well, that guard of the Mizukage definitely knew his work.

Danzo must be all alone now but I still didn't underestimate him. Being the leader of the Leaf's Root had to count for something. We walked slowly now, careful for signs of an ambush.

We soon came across him hobnobbing over a long bridge and stopped. He stopped too when he sensed our presence. I turned my Sharingan on.

'Sasuke Uchiha' he called. 'I know you were coming for me'. Sasuke rolled his eyes. "Yeah. Congrats on figuring that out". I looked at him in disbelief. Of all times, he had to behave so arrogant now?

'As for you, Hana', he said. 'You should really decide which side you're on. It gets confusing at times'. I gritted my teeth. Did this guy really want it so bad? Thankfully Sasuke intervened before I could smash him to a pulp. 'Danzo, you must be wondering why I've come to kill you', Sasuke said.  

'I partially know why. I have two guesses. One is that you have come to get revenge on the elders for Hana's ill-treatment in the Haruno clan'. I was speechless. As if Sasuke even cared about that ! Before I could say anything, he continued.

'The second guess is that you have come to avenge Itachi's death, which is ironic, because you were the one to kill him, in the end. And if you come to avenge Itachi's death, that means, someone told you the truth about him. It would most probably be that pathetic Madara Uchiha of yours.'

'Ahem'

Someone cleared their throat from the pillar above us.  I looked up to see the guy in the orange mask, Madara Uchiha. Was he here all along ? 

'Sasuke', Madara said, 'I am here to watch the fight and the death better be painful because no one insults an Uchiha and gets away with it'. He gave both Sasuke and me a kind of steely look from under his mask with one eye hole.  Yesh !

Sasuke spoke to Danzo again 'I have come to avenge Itachi's death. And rest assured Danzo,' he said his name in a sneer. 'You will not be leaving this bridge alive'.

Danzo chuckled. 'Brave words, Sasuke'. As he said this, he slowly removed the locks from around his right hand. They all fell down one by one. 'Brave words. But words don't save you in a battle, your actions do. We'll see if you're good enough to defeat me for the sake of avenging your brother.'

The last lock fell down. Then he started unwrapping the bandages. 'You will abandon your friends and destroy the only home you have ever known. All that is left of you is hatred. The worst kind of hatred in mankind. I will use it to my advantage today. You should be careful of what you say, Sasuke, because even with the help of the child of the prophecy, you might not make it out alive'.

Sasuke looked like he was about to say something but forgot, because all the bandages had fallen away and what I saw was truly gross. Even I admit it. 

Danzo's right hand's skin colour was totally different from the rest of his body. It was like the kind of white you see on recycled paper. But that wasn't the gross part. 

On his arm, forearm, back of the hand and palm were ..........Sharingans. But not only plain Sharingans with three tomoe.  They were different kinds. Mangekyo, Kamui, Eternal Mangekyo. Man, this was harder than I thought.

Danzo started unwrapping the bandages around his head. They fell away too. There was another Sharingan glowing there too. Was this guy a shop of Sharingans??!!

I looked at Sasuke, my eyes as wide as saucers. This jutsu.... with the Sharingans on his arms..... I recognized it. I was about to say the name out loud, but Madara beat me to it.

'Izanagi.'

^^^^

Hey guys!!

I hope you enjoyed this chapter, I made Danzo more powerful than he was in the anime 'cuz I got kinda bored with the plain old Izanagi. Anyway, thanks for reading, hope you enjoyed,  more chapters coming soon!

Thanks,

Please vote and comment,

Mareska.