Impulse x Reader

Y/S/N - Your super hero name
Y/M/N - Your Mentors name

Plot: You are a new member of the team and are shy around them because it's your nature. You have the ability to move objects.

Tim's POV
Bart and I just arrived at the mission area. We see the 3 original members of the team and the others. Beast boy flew in by eagle form and transformed back to human. I know what's going on thanks to Batman. The new League member, Y/M/N, has a sidekick that they have that's joining us. They were hot news for the whole week because some people knew they were joining.

We would every once in a while bump into them. Yet Batman would get annoyed at the fact they were doing the same things we were. I'm not complaining and Bart is more than happy to see Y/S/N. You can see it on his face that he's excited.

The computer announced Batman and Y/S/N were exiting out of the zeta tube. They were behind Batman, hella small now that I got look at them.

" Team, this is Y/S/N. You probably know them from some missions we've unexpectedly encountered . " He introduces . " Starting today, Y/S/N will be part of our team. "

Everyone was giving a smile and a light clapping to celebrate this moment.

Bart's POV
Y/S/N is finally joining the team! This took ages to wait for. I know when they'd joined, from the future here, but it took forever! I tried to say hi but, they were too shy I guess. They kept going behind Batman, heck, you could see their hands shake . Ms. M tried to put them away from their shyness and out behind Batman.

" There's nothing to worry about Y/S/N, everyone is friendly here." Megan trying to change the atmosphere that was going on in the room. Y/S/N wasn't really having it, probably because they don't normally work with others like us or like them. We began to introduce ourselves to them to ease the mood.

" I'm Impulse, it's so crash to meet you!" I said running up towards them. I took their hands and swung them around. I let go and see a very small smile.

" N-Nice, nice to meet you too." They nervously shuttered. Their hand became more warm and less tense has before. " I'm Y/S/N. "

No ones Pov
The weeks let on as the team and Y/S/N tired to adapt with each other. Y/S/N has the ability to move objects and people, just like Mrs. M.  They parted with them during training to be more skillful and develop on their own. Dick always had to point out that Bart was being a bit too friendly with Y/S/N, even tho they just became BFFs. But all the younger members know at this point, he likes them.

" You gonna ask them out yet?" Cassie asked Bart in the kitchen.

" Ask who what?" Bart asked eating a bag of chips from Jamie's backpack.

" Y/N duh. You've been super friendly with them ever since they joined." Cassie grabs a water bottle.

" Y/N? Why would you think that? " Bart throws the bag in the trash.

" You constantly talk about them in every conversation we have with the others." Cassie pointed out.

" Not to mention, you pair up with them durning training and missions."  Garfield came strolling in.

" You were listening in, Green Buddy?" Bart asked him.

" Yep and I know the perfect thing you can do to ask Y/N out!" He exclaimed

" Nothing stupid, Gar." Cassie comments.

" When have my ideas been stupid?" He confusingly asked.

" Your ideas aren't usually the ones that match with " romantic." " She answered bluntly.

" Okay, fine. What  do you have in mind Cassie?" Bart turns to her.

" Leave it to me. Just meet me in the training room at 8 tonight." She said as she runs out the room.

At 8 that night
Bart was right on the dot, 8pm at night and there was no Cassie. Nor were any of the other members in the training area.

" Y/S/N - B00 " said the computer .

Y/N came running in and straight towards Bart.

" What's wrong with you ?" They worried.

" What do you mean?" Bart asked back

" Cassie said you found a way to go back to the future and weren't planning to tell me because it might be better that way." They cried .

" Wait, What? I'd never do that to you! You'd be the first person I tell, then my family here. " He answers.

Y/N worried face turns into relief from all they had to go through to get to the cave. Then noticed that they had Bart's hands in theirs.

" Oh, sorry-sorry. I didn't mean to do that. I was too caught up in the moment." Y/N let's go of Bart's hands. But Bart grabs Y/N's hands back and faces them head on.

" Actually Y/N, there's something I'd like to tell you." Bart starts.

" What-what are you doing?" They're confused at what's happening now.  Bart takes a breath and goes on .

" I'd like it if you would go on a date with me." He blurs out. His face a bit flushed and looking down. It's quiet and Y/N still looks shocked.

" Y/N?" Bart tries to get them back into their senses. Then sees tears coming from their eyes. They look down and a small laugh.

" What are you? A tomato? " Y/N laughs as poor Bart was now confused.

" Of course, I'd like to go on a date with you." They answer. Bart turns happy and laughed with Y/N. Then the intercom went off:

" CONGRATULATIONS YOU TWO!" That was Cassie , oh dear this was her plan.

" WE GOT IT ON VIDEO!!!" Garfield said on the intercom.

" Gar!" Cassie nagged him.

Bart and Y/N both laughed some more and were happy that this all happened.