Chapter 15: The First Encounter

Genuine and true love is so rare that when you encounter it in any form, it's a wonderful thing, to be utterly cherished in whatever form it takes.

-Gwendoline Christie

FLASHBACK...

Lucia Salazar's POV

"I need to talk to you, Leandro..." I stormed into his study room with a determined stride. I need to have a word with him about being absolute a pig-headed brother. "What is it that I heard that you threaten Miguel?"

"Lucia," My brother replied calmly, totally unaffected by my outburst early in the morning. "I don't believe you've met my new bodyguard Diego Suarez. Diego, this is my little sister, Lucia."

I haven't noticed him when I enter Leandro's study room. It was the first time to become aware of the other person in the room. It was also the first time I laid my eyes on the mysterious and quite handsome bodyguard of my brother if not snobbish, that is.

My teenage heart gave a weird thud at the sight of him. I just stared at the man probably in his early twenties waiting for him to smile or greet me but I was in for a surprise. The boy just merely stared at me with his unreadable dark eyes as if judging me from head to toe. I mentally screamed at the way he look at me probably thinking that I was nothing but a headache.

Still no acknowledgment from him. I just scowled at him openly, telling him silently that I feel the same disdain he had for me. I don't want to be recognized by him anyway. It's just I was just used to be greeted with respect by the employee around the estate they were so friendly and he is not.

Forcing myself to drag my eyes away from him. I faced my brother and directed to him the annoyance I suddenly felt for his new bodyguard. "Why are you threatening the poor man, brother? Why are you bullying him? Is this your newfound sport since you ascended to the title, Leandro?"

My brother had the nerve to roll his eyes at me as if I was being ridiculous here. "Don't be absurd. I didn't bully him as you put it I just told him what will happen to him if he did something unforgivable towards you."

It was my turn to roll my eyes at him. I placed my hands on each side of my waist. "Back off, Mr. Know-it-all. Stop bullying him, he is a good friend to me. Stick your nose on matters that needed your concern more."

"I beg to differ." My brother contradicted firmly like a dictatorial aristocrat he thought he was. "You're still a teenager and you are under my care and until such time you are old enough to know the difference between a good man and a scoundrel I will watch you closely."

I exhaled a heavy breath. "Oh, you are being unreasonable! For your information, in a few months, I will be eighteen when those months are up you cannot meddle in my life anymore. I can date anyone without your permission."

Leandro eyed me dryly, crossing his arms in the middle of his chest. "Are you saying that you're serious about this guy?"

I sighed deeply, staring at my brother's exasperated face. I glanced briefly to his new bodyguard who remained silent throughout my squabble with Leandro. "I didn't say that. What I mean to say is that I am free to go out with anyone in my liking without you interfering and being a total pain in the backside."

"Can't you see that this guy is a player, little one? You are just wasting your time on his focus on your study first."

I raised an eyebrow in his direction. "Guess it takes one to know one, isn't it?"