Chapter 20: The Punishment

Punishment may make us obey the orders we are given, but at best it will only teach an obedience to authority, not a self-control which enhances our self-respect.

-Bruno Bettelheim

Lucia Salazar's POV

Truer to his words this devil refused to kiss me again in the lips. He stated that he would not kiss me again until the love mark he put on my neck disappear. He was punishing me with the action I didn't even do...okay, let me correct myself he was punishing me with the act that I wasn't even aware of.

Diego said that he got jealous when I was flirting with Jacques in front of him. He told me he need to teach me a lesson not to play with his jealousy in the future or I would not like the punishment he would give me.

Here I am now, sitting on my kitchen countertops half-naked like him wearing only his crisp white shirt from yesterday while he was only wearing his pants showing me his naked chest as I let him devour me for breakfast.

"Diego..." I mumbled with my eyes shut while his skillful lips traveling on my neck. "...we need to stop."

"Why are you stopping me?" He asked, his hot breath tickled my sensitive skin. "I'm having my breakfast."

I tried so hard to stop the sensation of his sinful kisses around my body. Every time he deviously seducing me with his touch and addictive kisses I couldn't think straight. My poor brain stop from functioning. "You just have your fourth one a few hours ago."

"So?" He finally drew back from his exploration and had the nerve to ask as if it was a nonsense question. "You have no idea how long I'd been dying to do this with you, Lucia. Do you think I will stop now that I finally have you?"

I finally had the chance to see his beautiful eyes. "Not that I am complaining but I'm starting to get annoyed by this."

A frowned mark on his eyebrow. "Why?" I hooked my arms around his neck. I tried to close the distance between our lips. The devilish glint was back in his eyes. "Ops...no more lip-locking for now until the hickey I gave you fade."

"You are impossible!" I informed him irritably. "Why are you punishing me for the misconduct I didn't commit?"

"Because I got jealousy."

I stared at him in disbelief. "That's it? You are putting this nonsense between us because you got jealous of Jacques?"

His eyes narrowed and darkened in my direction instantly upon hearing the name of my friend. "Do not speak of his name in front of me, Lucia. I don't like to hear his name. That bastard I don't trust him. There's something about him that is shady."

I rolled my eyes at his assessment of Jacques' character. "I think you are being biased about him. He's a good man—a true gentleman one might say."

"That's why I don't trust him, dearest." He told me utterly, but I couldn't miss the way his hand slowly traveled on my naked thighs. "As I said, he seems too good to be true. I think he has another personality that he doesn't show yet."

I chose not to answer him about his evaluation of the French man instead I focus my attention on the busy hands that now rested between my legs. "What do you think you're doing, Mister?"

"Seducing you." He said unashamedly, his eyes were already clouded with desire. He was about to test if I was finally ready when he cursed to himself. "Damn it! I forgot to bring a condom with me."

It was my turn to smile smugly. "Karma finally caught you from punishing me unjustly, Diego. How does it feel to get interrupted from your seduction because you forgot to bring protection with you?"