Chapter 23: Return to Omashu

When Zuko and Iroh were making the raft ready to go, Iroh walked up to her.

Mia smiled brightly at him and he only looked at her in the eyes, with his friendly and warm smile. 

"I wish I could look upon your face everyday... Drinking tea, I play the Tsungi horn while you are dancing and singing with after a good game of Pai Sho." Mia stroked a hair out of her face.

"I was terrible in Pai Sho..." Mia said with a shy smile.

"At least you didn't set the board on fire like my nephew did." Iroh replied and winked.

Mia looked at Zuko, who was almost done with everything.

"He loves you... At home, Mai awaits him, but it is you where his heart truely lies." 

Mia nodded slowly and thought about Mai kissing him. She shivered and fell something laid in her hands. She looked down and saw a flute, a little notebook and a necklace. "Those.... were from Lu Ten." 

Iroh nodded slowly. "He let me bring it back to the Fire Nation capitol, so it won't be burned. The flute is made of Bamboo, which gives a peaceful tone to the songs written in that notebook. In that notebook you can find not only songs, but recipes for healing teas and of course, all the fire bending moves I have learned," Iroh said and with the sigh he looked at that necklace, "that was from Lu Ten's mother. It's a leather cord, with a pure jade stone attached to it. I give these things to you, for I believe not only Zuko, but you as well, were like my own children to me." 

Mia could not say a single word after hearing that. She stuttered some words, but Iroh hugged her. "Don't lose it, child. I will see you soon." He said friendly and he stepped on the raft. Mia put the necklace on. Zuko smiled at her and Mia started to play the flute. From the raft she could hear Iroh's comforting voice.

"Winter, Spring, summer and fall..

Winter,spring, summer and fall...

Four seasons, four loves

Four seasons... for loves..."

~

They flew to the Earth Kingdom, where they would go on to Omashu so King Bumi can teach Aang Earth bending. Before they left they got gifts. Aang got Waterbending scrolls, that could help him to practice. Mia and Katara got water out of the Oasis, that could heal almost every wound. And Sokka, got nothing. Sokka floated on a big leaf, while Katara and Aang were practicing waterbending, while Mia practiced the "fire whip", out of Iroh's book. It was a wonderful until they bumped into a group of nomades, that took them through a secret tunnel, that would lead to 'the cave of two lovers'. The group got divided in two, and Mia had to travel with Sokka and the nomades, while Aang and Katara were all lone with Appa. It was one hell, but they got away and they said goodbye to the nomades, ready to go to Omashu.

Mia was feeling sad with the feeling to return to Omashu. She needed to talk to Chung. She want to know the truth. She wants to know where her father is and if he is still alive. She wants to know what truely happened. They were climbing up the hill as  Sokka said, the journey was long and annoying, but they were gonna see what it's really about: the destination. 

"I present you," he said loooking back to Mia, Aang and Katara, "the Earthkingdomcity of Oma...shu...." 

"Oh no!" Sokka said immediately and Mia pushed him away to look what happened. Smoke rose out of Omashu, and in the middle a huge flag of the Fire Nation, fluttering in the wind. 

"I can't believe it... I know wars spread far, but Omashu always seemed... untouchable." Aang said quietly. 

"Up until now it was, "Mia said qith a sigh, "now Ba Sing Se is the only great earthkingdom strong hold left."