Love at First Flight

You weren't excited or prepared for your eleven hour flight from London to LA. In your mind, nothing in the world could make you feel any better, until you meet someone unexpected along the way.

———

You wake up early to catch your flight at Heathrow Airport. You throw on a basic airport outfit which consisted of a pair of leggings, a t-shirt and a cardigan to top it all off. I'm not going to see anyone important so lazy day, airport outfit it is. You checked your bags to make sure you have everything with you. Ready to go!

You couldn't wait to see your best friend! You met when you studied abroad at uni. It was finally time for a long overdue visit. She lives in downtown LA, a place you have yet to experience! It's just the thought of the long flight that's killing your mood.

You call an Uber to take you to the airport. The drive was just a warm up for the long, grueling plane ride ahead.

The car pulls up to your gate. You pull your suitcase and carry on duffle bag out of the car's trunk. You check in and have your bags checked by security, all that's left to do is sit at your terminal and wait for your plane to begin boarding.

"Flight 203, boarding now. Flight from London to Los Angeles make your way to the front."

Immediately sitting up, you head over to the terminal, merging yourself into a quickly forming line. Once you board the plane you pick an end seat. You had completely forgotten that you booked the plane with personal cubbies which includes a tv and a reclining chair. This realization cheered up slightly.

Since you are one of the first people to board the plane, you watch as everyone after you, begins to choose their seats. No one has chosen the seats directly across the aisle from you...not yet at least.

You hear two men laughing, slightly out of breath, speed walking down the aisle. They seem to be in a rush, like they had to run to the terminal to make it on time. The man in the front is tall with dark brown hair and a little bit of facial hair. The other was a bit shorter, buff and blonde in a black hoodie. The blonde man caught your eye immediately. His smile made your heart weak, sending goosebumps across your body. Both seemed quite charming though. You are very pleased when they choose to sit in the empty aisle directly across from you.

Eye candy on an eleven hour flight? Sounds good to me! They put their carry ons above their seats, then sitting down. The blonde sits on the end so you're basically sitting next to each other. The only space separating the two of you is the aisle.

The flight is about to takeoff. You decide to put your earbuds in and relax as takeoff is your least favorite part. You see the tall man whip out his phone. He pulls up the camera and begins filming his view from out his window. He has a huge smile spread across his lips. You can hear him talking so you turn your music down so you can eavesdrop.

"Window seat!" He says as he pans the camera over to the charming blonde.

"Ooo window seat! Wehhh!" You hear the blonde say rubbing his hands together with excitement.

The brunette turns the camera back to the window, then back to the man you were secretly crushing on.

"Where are we goin' Ben?"

"We're going to Hollywood! We're going to the Oscars!"

Okay...his name is Ben! Good to know! You think to yourself as you put the pieces together, but the Oscars? You didn't recognize them. Were they actors? Musicians? Directors? You were invested on figuring this out.