PROLOGUE

Honestly, he just wanted a nice walk away from the bar and master, though his dark hood kept his features hidden, he still tried to avoid going in areas with mass people around. However, at the time he hadn't realized that he would stumble upon something that would fundamentally change his life.

As he continued his track down the street a loud crashing sound made the ground tremor as he stumbled and used a nearby wall to support himself. The building several feet in front of him had collapsed; a strangled cry pierced the silent air as the surrounding area fell silent after the scream. Shigaraki moved towards the wreckage, smirking curling on his dry lips as he spotted dusty green hair clawing at the ground. He stepped over broken pieces of debris as he got a small glance at the child's face – the kid appears to be around five or six – as it was scrunched in pain as a pillar was fallen over his back, barbs of wire keeping the pillar from crushing the kid anymore. Shigaraki moved closer to the boy, his feet clicking softly on the ground as the boy stopped his struggles and let his head snap up to meet his own crimson gaze.

Shigaraki was planning on putting the kid out of his misery but as the shimmering emerald eyes stared up at him; he halted. His chest swelling with wonder as the innocent eyes held a great pain beneath them and it wasn't because of the current circumstances. He knelt down towards the boy, resting three fingers gently on the pillar as his voice was soft but still raspy, "Hey kid... do you need help out of this mess?"

He already knew the answer but still asked it. The small boy sniffled as he tried to blink away the ushered tears, trying once more to get free but being unable to due to a metal rod puncturing his side and another digging into his back. He breathed in shakily as his soft voice wavered, "P-please m-mister... M-mama didn't push me out of the way quickly enough... M-mister p-p-please..."

Shigaraki offered a faint smirk as he placed his hand flat on the pillar; it disintegrating slowly as the boy – though in pain – watched with wonder in his eyes as the particles of the building were carried away in the faint breeze. He curled his fingers into his palm as he watched the small boy crawl away from the debris, a puddle of blood beginning to overflow from the wounds and pool around the small figure. Ivory hands awkwardly reached to pick of the bleeding boy as he fumbled in his pocket for his phone, quickly dialing a number, "Kuro, open a gate now... and find bandages..."

A purple swirling mist appeared as Shigaraki carried the barely conscious child through it, appearing in a bar as he laid the boy on one of the tables in the room. Hazy green eyes peered at him as a shaky smile curled at the pale lips. A frown appearing on his own as Kurogiri walked over to Shigaraki, concern lacing his deep voice, "Shigaraki, what is the meaning of this? Why is there a boy here and why is-"

"I found him trapped under a collapsed building and before you say anything else, I was just walking past when it happened." Shigaraki used the back of his hand to apply pressure – though it was extremely awkward position – the deep wound on the kids back. Kurogiri sighed as he quickly strode away to collect a bowl of warm water and a cloth, grimacing at all the blood on his once cleaned tables. Carrying the needed supply he cut off the boy's shirt to see the wounds easier; one was a deep cut near his shoulder blade and the other was on his right hip and it was a clean laceration through to the other side. Both were bleeding but the one on his hip was worse and even though it looked bad with all the blood gushing from it, the kid will live with no real future damage.

Kurogiri let his mist form slowly disperse as he ringed the cloth and began to clean the wounds and once they were clean, he applied thick bandaging around the boy's hips and shoulder. The boy's chest rose and fell evenly as his pale lids hid his green eyes, Kurogiri gently picking up the boy and carrying him to a bedroom, "Shigaraki, what are we going to do with this boy?"

Said male bit his thumb in thought as he followed behind the taller man, crimson eyes narrowed as he looked over the boy. Kurogiri tucked the small child into the bed as the pale man response to the honey coloured one, "We'll have to wait until he wakes up. He may be useful."