CHAPTER FOURTEEN

Evergreen orbs scanned around the busy street as a wide grin threatened to split his face in two as familiar figure emerged from the crowd. Izuku dashed over to him as he wrapped his slender arms around his torso, nuzzling into his chest as Shinso chuckled as he stumbled back a couple steps, "This greeting is an improvement, I'm not on the ground this time. It's nice to see you, sweet-tooth."

A faint pink decorated Shinso's cheeks as he leant down to hide his face in Izuku's green locks, arms lazily wrapped around the smaller boy. The fluttering of butterflies in his stomach and the soothing warm sensations that warmed his insides like consuming a freshly brewed coffee – these sensations are something he could lose himself in. It was comforting. It was almost similar to the feeling of returning home or to family after being away for a long time. He adored that feeling. Alongside the sweet scent that lingered around the green boy was something that he would not tire over.

It was intoxicating.

Slender arms gradually uncoiled as evergreen beamed up at the taller teen – flashing him a grin so bright that it was blinding – his emerald orbs sparkling with a childish admiration and something sharp, something slightly darker but it was extinguished with the fluttering of his long lashes. Izuku's soft voice caressed him as a hand reach up to cup an ivory cheek, thumb brushing lightly over the dark bags beneath his eyes, "I'm trying my best to not break you with my excitable behavior! Now, come along! We have a date and kitties to meet!"

The greenette entwined their fingers as he was pulled into a store, not having enough time to take in the buildings external appearance as his nose was assaulted with the alluring smell of pastries and the rich bitter scent of coffee. Shinso released a faint sigh at the almost familiar scent as he was continuously dragged to the back of the small shop to a separate room that was decorated with warm oak wood tables and benches, fresh flowers and plants littered the room in varying sized pots and vases. The faint floral smell was almost completed drowned out by the other sweet scents that the café produced. Izuku gently pushed him onto a bench, his eyes crinkling with mischief as he sat down next to him, giving his hand a firm squeeze.

"I've wanted to come to this café for a while now," Izuku's gaze was glued to their conjoined hands as his other slowly and tentatively brushed over Shinso's forearm to his bicep where he hugged the arm to his chest, "I planned to ask you before the sports festival, but I chickened out. I'm really... glad you agreed, tho."

Shinso's felt the heat rise to his cheeks as he softly squeezed Izuku's hand in return, his thumb running over the greenette's. A fond smile curled at his thin lips as basked in one another presents, barely even noticing when someone made their way over to the table. "Excuse me, are you two ready to order?"

A slight giggled part Izuku's lips as he gave the waiter a charming smile, his emerald orbs taking in her mundane appearance as he adverted his gaze to quickly scanned his eyes over the menu, "I'd like a chocolate milkshake with a slice of red velvet cake. What about you Toshi~?"

Shinso flushed a bright crimson as he cleared his throat, trying to will away the redness from his pale cheeks, "Ah, just an ice coffee would be fine."

"Okay, your order will be done in a couple minutes." His crimson cheeks had cooled down to a slight pink as he tensed slightly when he felt something brush against his leg. His amethyst orbs quickly darted to the ground where he saw a beautiful feline who was a plain beige colour with milk chocolate paws that looked like the magnificent creature had be walking in deep mud puddles. He cooed at the adorable cat that released content purrs when Shinso scratched at her chin and rubbed her head. He could feel his insides melting to mush as he lifted the cat onto his lap, running his fingers over the silky short hair.